ThunderPeel2001

Broken Age - Double Fine Adventure!

Man, after watching the latest episode of the backer video, I am so completely excited for this game. All the art, animation, and audio is just crafted so well. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Also, Chris with a beard looks like the lumberjack from the test animation sequences. :-P

I'm kind of behind on the documentary part, and I don't personally care about delays, beside the all these additional documentary clips that we wouldn't have if the game came out sooner. Is 2PP just like some weird in house wing of DF now? I'm sure it's gone on longer than they planned. I hope they didn't contract a flat fee for the whole project, HAR HAR. 

I think during one of the episodes were they were discussing the budget they also mentioned a larger budget for 2PP.

Man, that look in Dave's eyes when Tim tells him he has to redo the entire Marek cutscene in the latest episode.. Heart-breaking. I've been on Dave's side I this kind of situation many times and it's always a pain.. Can't imagine it's any less painful for the director/creator.

It also doesn't feel like much is being spoiled, so far.. I don't know where that big orchestra piece is going to be, but art-wise we've seen progressions of the same few places a lot of the time.

I finally saw the new episode yesterday. Man, this just looks so good. Better everytime I see more. Only a couple weeks left!

Tomorrow is the day

Edited by elmuerte

A tiny part of my brain is wonder if I should wait... I haven't been following the game on purpose, but now that it's going to be out and knowing it's going to be in two chapters... I have no idea when chapter two will be out. 

I really should just play it, right? :|

Me too, I've managed to reach this point knowing almost nothing about the game.  I just haven't bothered to read the updates and decided to not get into any of the documentary videos until after it was released. 

I figure I ought to play Act 1 now though, as the chance to be spoilered will increase dramatically with it out.

Bloody hell, can't they work on it for another year so I can get GTA5 out of the way first?

I have also been keeping myself purposefully ignorant about the game but I'm planning on playing it right away.

Also, to anyone watching the documentaries, the last update said that starting with Episode 15, they will assume you have full knowledge of Act 1.

That trailer looks awesome and even surprised me a little as I haven't been keeping an eye on it. Can't wait to play it.

I'll have to wait until the iOS version which is being released as the whole game (not in two parts) and is expect after it's fully out on PC so.... 6-8 month away, maybe more. Maybe I should buy a PC

Also, the review embargo for this in on the 27th Jan. how do you review half a game anyway? Probably poorly

You review it objectively, obviously:

Broken Age Part 1 Review:

This is half a game.  The other half will be released at a later date.

10-300x300.png

Parts 1 and 2 should each get a 5 so the whole game gets a 10.

That thought occurred to me moments after posting.  But I don't think I have the heart to give a DF game a 5, even jokingly. 

Tomorrow is the day

So YOU'RE the one who posted the backer preview publically.

I can't watch the trailer again now (probably not logged in with the correct account somewhere) but was the main character's name really Velouria as in "I know she's here in California"?

They're generally being very trusting of their backers. Just asking nicely for people not to post Let's Plays of the whole thing or sharing trailer videos. Don't they realize this is the Internet?

Anyway, I've been watching the documentary videos and they do a good job keeping most story points out of it and focusing on the production itself, so that new trailer just got me even more excited for this. Also the artwork continues to look amazing.

Erkki, there's a new KS update with the video embedded, because people (elmuerte) posted the YouTube video publically. :(

If you take the first letter of every line in the backer email about having to take the video down due to sharing, it spells 'elmuerte'.

Yep. Although it sounds like this is a real beta (i.e. very close to final), so it should mostly be OK. Still, as per my usual beta policy I'll wait until the final release.

It sounds like the two expected types of problems with the beta are compatibility stuff (though they've used an external tester for that) and localization stuff.

Yep. Although it sounds like this is a real beta (i.e. very close to final), so it should mostly be OK. Still, as per my usual beta policy I'll wait until the final release.

Sounds more like a release candidate, to be honest. It's way too late to be taking feedback for anything except for high-priority fixes and quick wins.

I'm fine with this, but I wouldn't have minded having a version that was a little earlier where we could have given content feedback.

Sweet Jesus. I can't wait. How crazy that Banner Saga is out today as well.