ThunderPeel2001

Broken Age - Double Fine Adventure!

There are two things that are stupidly hard to do in software development, no matter how talented or experienced you are:

1) Naming things

2) Budgeting time accurately,

And I bet this goes double for game development.

Actually, there are 3 things hard things in software development:

1) naming things

2) cache invalidation

3) estimation time/budget

4) off-by-one errors

Actually, there are 3 things hard things in software development:

1) naming things

2) cache invalidation

3) estimation time/budget

4) off-by-one errors

You mean 5 things, right?

Check the new episode to hear Peter McConnell talk about kantele, an instrument I had to play at school. It's a pretty sweet episode.

McConnell was amazing.So far the whole documentary has been amazing. At this point  it no longer matters if they deliver the game, the documentary was well worth the money I paid.

... look how slim Schafer is!!!!!

Having not been watching any of the videos that was a surprise.

I was in the panel at PAX where they played that reveal. Man people went nuts, and not just for Jack Black. That's a really cool assortment of folks they've got back.

Oh crap, that sucks. His voice for Ben is one of the most memorable voices in video games.

That's an amazing voice cast, Dr. Fred! All the actors are great, Marek's voice fits perfectly. I really feel like the updates have run away from me and I've lost track of where this is. Probably just my fault for not spending more time on the forums, but the mail updates have definitely decreased a lot. 

Am I a nerd for watching the video and reacting "Jennifer Hale?! DR.FRED? RAZ! .... oh and Jack Black, well that's cool"? 

Am I a nerd for watching the video and reacting "Jennifer Hale?! DR.FRED? RAZ! .... oh and Jack Black, well that's cool"? 

I had the same reaction, except I saw it in person, which makes me a bigger nerd.

Jack Black was perfect as Eddie Riggs, so, you know, I was just as excited for him as for the rest. But yeah lots of cool dudes.

He was great as Eddie, and I really enjoyed Brutal Legend, but I suppose the others are "Look at how much more Video game nostalgia we have!" which hit me more or less in the vein of the kickstarter. Happy they have such talent, including Jack Black.

New episode up, but not working for me and others (though some have got it working by trying All Browsers, IE, FF and Chrome bear no fruit for me).

Anyone here watched it/found a way to fix the problem outside of trying one of those three browsers?

You mean episode 11? I just went to the Double Fine Kickstarter page and clicked 'Updates', and after logging in it seems to work fine for me in Chrome:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fine-adventure/posts

Even though it's just a Vimeo video, I think the page uses some kind of referrer validation bullshit to make sure you can actually watch it. Maybe if you've got something stopping referrers being checked (fancy privacy plug-in, adblock, etc), it's interfering. Also you could just try clearing your cookies and logging back in.

Edit: Man, I really enjoyed the McConnell part of that. Just like being sat in the den of a nutcase musician doing his shit.

No, no adblock etc. I could try clearing my cookies/cache, but I hate doing that - I've always forgotten a few passwords and have been relying on them being remembered by the browser. Besides, all the others are playing fine.