ThunderPeel2001

Broken Age - Double Fine Adventure!

I'm surprised they've revealed the name and launched the website without a trailer. Or is it still to early in development?

I'm excited, but at the same time I'm kinda ignoring the whole thing as much as I can until I can hold it in my hands. Is that weird? 

It's interesting because they held a poll on the site for the name. Most people thought that World's Apart is a better title than Broken Age (including me)... but seeing it now, it feels quite right.

I voted for "None of the Above". Sadly it didn't win.

I'm excited, but at the same time I'm kinda ignoring the whole thing as much as I can until I can hold it in my hands. Is that weird?

I'm doing the same thing. Everything I know about the game right now I learned in the panel.

It's interesting because they held a poll on the site for the name. Most people thought that World's Apart is a better title than Broken Age (including me)... but seeing it now, it feels quite right.

Basically how I feel. I picked World's Apart as well, but I guess it is a bit cliche/corny. Broken Age looks right though.

What I didn't like about the titles up for vote is that they don't evoke the same sense of intrigue/mystery that a title like Psychonauts or Grim Fandango did. Does World's Apart do that? Broken Age? I'm honestly not sure.

I think World's Apart is a better description, but I like the way Broken Age sounds.

I was watching while Chris filled in the about section with Tim's impromptu words and I noticed a couple things.  If you check out the source code for the page, you might notice two variables called "wizard" and "idleThumbs".

It's hard for me to hear "Broken Age" as anything other than a sequel or prequel to Dragon Age.

"Finally, the Dragon was broken.  And then for the next two thousand years, we entered....the BROKEN AGE."

Was the site launch livestreamed or something? People are talking about watching Chris...

Was the site launch livestreamed or something? People are talking about watching Chris...

I believe it was launched during the DF panel at PAX, which makes the 'people watching Chris' thing sound way less creepy.

I believe it was launched during the DF panel at PAX, which makes the 'people watching Chris' thing sound way less creepy.

Yeah, it was during the DF panel.  Chris literally asked Tim for the words to fill in the "About" section and launched the site while Tim was talking about stuff/answering questions.  It wasn't livestreamed or anything, I was just sitting in the audience, creepily watching Chris.

I have to say, this art is incredible. I had no idea they were hitting this level with the real-time art, which I assume it is, having not been watching any of the backer-accessible stuff out of a desire to experience this game unspoilt (then watch the documentary afterwards of course). Definitely looks like it's going to usurp Monkey Island 2: SE as the most gorgeous 2D adventure.

Oh boy it's pretty! And the atmosphere is indeed great.

The "From Double Fine Productions and 90,000 of their closest friends" at the end made me get a tiny bit emotional.

Really, I'm still not a fan of the character design or Stapley's stuff in general, but the colors, lighting, mood, and consistent art direction make it a treat to look at otherwise.

Does this game have voice acting?

Does this game have voice acting?

It was one of the informal stretch goals, I believe. Anyway I'm positive it will be fully voiced.

One of the recent update films talked about the devs doing scratch dialogue recordings, so that's a 'Yes' to voice acting.

They recorded dialogue to scratch it, so that's a 'No' to voice acting, they scartched it

:P