Nappi

The Cave: Ron Gilbert's Double Fine Game (A Tim Schafer Production) (Not Double Fine Adventure)

Oh man, I just pre ordered the game. So far I'm really enjoying it.

That's a pretty fantastic article, and holy shit Polygon is doing a rad job with their presentation of things like this.

Yeah I always say I don't read huge articles, but even I had to read that.

Just watched the Quick Look on this game- I dunno, man! A lot of standing around waiting for characters to get their jokes out. Lots of listening and reading- in a co-op game? Are you supposed to all be quiet and listen? If one person doesn't find it funny then that's gonna be a pretty uncomfortable experience. Between this and Deathspank, I don't like this guy's comedy.

I don't wanna come down hard on Double-Fine, so hey, I'm still interested in those Amnesia Fortnight games.

Nope!

I haven't played Maniac Mansion either. I keep saying I'm gonna check out one o these old adventure games y'all love so much, but there's so many games out TODAY that how can I!

You do know that Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion are older adventure game and can be beaten in only a few hours, right? You can beat Maniac Mansion in less than a hour if you know what you are doing!

Monkey Island 3 is best Monkey Island

EL POLLO DIABLO

But Ron Gilbert didn't work on that one. Also, no, Monkey 2 is the best monkey. Then comes 1. Then Tales of Monkey Island, because I am a huge kissass and whatnot. Then 3.

No, no, no. MI1 is the best, followed by MI3, followed by MI2, followed by Tales. (MI4 doesn't exist.)

MI2, while amusing and brilliant, had some terrible puzzles and felt majorly unfinished towards the end. MI3 was a very satisfying game to play. MI1 was just the most charming and original of the lot -- but not the awful SE version. The End.

I think its like that James Bond thing, which ever one you grew up with is your favourite

I've owned 1 and 2 multiple times over the years but have never managed to get more than an hour into them, in fact i'm amazed i made it through the tales episodes, they're all kinda boring :eek:

oh man Monkey Island 4, i got stuck on some volcano/boulder puzzle. I remember there was a starbucks gag... um

But 3 was fucking glorious!! apart from that fmv when Guybrush gets swallowed by a snake, it would crash my computer everytime

7ztJ2Lc.jpg

The quality of the animation and voice-acting in 3 is just phenomenal. Easily my favourite, despite 1 having better jokes probably.

Also this

Did you guys all get aneurisms over over the weekend and forget about the triumph that is insult swordfighting? (And MI3's facsimile doesn't count)

I got this for Wii U this morning, but I couldn't figure out how to set up local co-op. :( I only spent five or ten minutes playing around with it, though, so hopefully it's just something stupid I missed.

I think player 1 uses the Wii U game pad whilst player 2 has to travel back in time and use a hoop and a stick

All this should go in the «Games about the relative greatness of which we're in disagreement» thread.

Obviously everyone who disagrees with me is embarrassingly full of shit. :tup:

I've never not failed to not be missing from the group of people who have ever not disagreed with you. Ever.