mikemariano

Gone Home from The Fullbright Company

That box is brilliant. Urgh, £20 is kinda a lot for something I already own but I want it. I really want it.

Nice, reminds me of when I wanted to remake my college dorm in CS. (Of course, that would have probably gotten me arrested.)

I ran into Steve recently at a bar up here. I recognized him, told him how much I loved Gone Home and said I was a Thumbs fan. He was super nice!

Gail Simone was asking about Gone Home today, as I was able to tell her about the Humble Bundle it's in now. I'm pretty sure Gone Home is the kind of game she'd love. *crosses fingers*

Hey Steve: with Gone Home coming to Wii U, will there be a Kaitlin Greenbriar amiibo?

I'd like to see it go to console just so they make more money and more people get to play it. 

That wasn't a COOL thing for Majesco to do (I'm so sorry for that)

I hope the Sony thing works out. More money for Fullbright would be nice.

The PS4 and Xbox 1 versions were just announced, but where the hell is the Wii U version? Wasn't that leaked/talked about like a year ago in some indie event?

Would've bought it for a second time on Wii U... :(

The PS4 and Xbox 1 versions were just announced, but where the hell is the Wii U version? Wasn't that leaked/talked about like a year ago in some indie event?

Would've bought it for a second time on Wii U... :(

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo~~~~~~

Yeah, the WiiU thing slipped out back when release platforms were still up in the air; when we brought the port work in-house earlier this year, we made the call to focus on XB1 & PS4. Dunno if more platforms are going to be a possibility in the future, but for now, just the two.

FWIW, the XB1 & PS4 versions are lookin real good! Excited to have it out there in front of people again in the new year.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo~~~~~~

Yeah, the WiiU thing slipped out back when release platforms were still up in the air; when we brought the port work in-house earlier this year, we made the call to focus on XB1 & PS4. Dunno if more platforms are going to be a possibility in the future, but for now, just the two.

FWIW, the XB1 & PS4 versions are lookin real good! Excited to have it out there in front of people again in the new year.

Any chance you guys will be able to update the PC version to Unity 5 as well?  :eyebrow:

Any chance you guys will be able to update the PC version to Unity 5 as well?  :eyebrow:

The plan is to look into integrating fixes/improvements from the console versions to the PC version at some point following the console releases, though no idea what the timeline on that might look like. The goal for the engine upgrade isn't anything visual (ie not a like "HD Remaster" or anything like that,) but the PC version would likely get some compatibility/performance improvements, along with any other bugfixes and updates that'd come across. Oh, and you have to do achievements/trophies for console, so those would be coming across as Steam achievements as well.

Didn't you originally have an outside team doing the ports?

Yeah Majesco was handling the port stuff before the project went on hold; when we brought it back online, we decided to do the ports ourselves. Happy with how they've turned out!

If I'm understanding the video right, Steve, is there more commentary for this release?

Nah, it's the same commentary as in the PC version. But we added the commentary in a PC version patch, and the option was kind of hidden, so a lot of people missed it. We're just trying to highlight it as part of the console release.

Oh hmmm, I kind of forgot how you toggled on the commentary but I know I definitely heard it all, but I have the UK boxed copy, so perhaps the patch was already installed.

I might just rebuy this to have it on PS4 anyway though.

Do you add and/or subtract a certain number of ghosts for the console release?

Anyway, thanks for the fantastic game, I wish you a million copies sold, ghosts and all.