mikemariano

Gone Home from The Fullbright Company

W h y now, Fullbright? When you know I'm broke. Oooooh, all that money spent on a clearly worthwhile cause.

gonehome2.png

This was used as the header image for the game's release date announcement over at RPS.

Does the "Unknown Dimension" contain ghosts? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Note: I may be missing some late 80s/mid-90s reference here with this image (maybe some fanzine thing?). Apologies to old people if this is the case. No apologies for ghost speculation.

Lazy noir exorcism confirmed.

Why can't I preorder this game already?

Popped onto steam to see if the game had unlocked yet & noticed this in the screenshot section which made me smile

ss_70f4e5b2816fe992cf27f5a63a1b6090e80b1

:tup:

Do we know if there is a review embargo or anything? : /

I've seen a lot of people on twitter have been playing/talking about it, do we know if thats in a professional manner. Or is it just friends being given the game early

someone's bound to bust the bargo

sidenote: the thought just popped into my head that nothing would be quite so strange/awesome if somehow IGN ended up publishing the first Gone Home review under the title  "The scoop on Gone Home: It will blow you away".

I think someone on this week's Giant Bombcast mentioned having played it but said he couldn't talk about it until it was released...which is today, so I'd expect things to start popping up soon.

BLARGH IT'S UP ON STEAM BUT NO HUMBLE WIDGET YET WHY

:tup: wouldn't it be fantastic I this ended up being the greatest reviewed video game of all time. That's a pretty good average so far :)

Seen in the polygon comments and on neogaf someone complaining about Danielle reviewing the game because of the idle thumbs connection. Luckily, Remo's swooped in and shut that shit down before it got out of hand

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=650115&page=100000

I can't wait to play this. In my excitement I goofed and bought it from Steam rather than direct via Humble Store.

Oh well.

I won't get any support for this opinion over here, but I feel it needs to be said:

It really bothered me that Danielle Riendeau reviewed this for Polygon and gave it a perfect score just a few days after guest-starring on Idle Thumbs and admitting that she's good friends with people that worked on this game. It doesn't affect my excitement for Gone Home, of course, but... man, I really wish they'd found someone else to review it.

I won't get any support for this opinion over here, but I feel it needs to be said:

It really bothered me that Danielle Riendeau reviewed this for Polygon and gave it a perfect score just a few days after guest-starring on Idle Thumbs and admitting that she's good friends with people that worked on this game. It doesn't affect my excitement for Gone Home, of course, but... man, I really wish they'd found someone else to review it.

To be fair, their scores are done by committee (no, really) so there's a built-in bias reducer. In theory.