Patters

Show me your desk/gaming space

I do most of my finished drawings on bristol. It's very nice and plays well with the pigment-based inking pens and the alcohol-based markers I use (also visible in the same photo), though it costs more than a dollar a page. I usually try to squeeze eight or nine Pokémon drawings onto a sheet before I'm done with it.

Holy shit how did you even use a computer on that tiny table tray.

Looking through my Dropbox folder I have a lot of these. So here goes~!

My desk in College. 5 people stuffed in a small San Francisco apartment. We had a shared computer/art/TV room that we always hung out in. 

O64RFQp.jpg

My desk after having moved to a smaller apartment, but with less people. (It should be telling I had just graduated and was desperately trying to get my portfolio job ready)

E7W19XC.jpg

My desk after having upgraded said desk, monitors, and moved into the master bedroom upon my roommate's departure.

Wtn8dQ8.jpg

My desk at my most recent job (emphasis added). Seems like I didn't take pictures of my desk at my other 3 jobs, which is a bummer because I had a really nice standing desk setup at one of them.

ZaWpIii.jpg

And finally my current setup, having moved back to my parents in Norway because my US visa was declined.  :tdown:

Ne29Yje.jpg

Now with gaming towels and a Nostromo!  :tup:

yXNtZEf.jpg

Bonus pic! My art director's desk. An image which should just be titled gamedevelopment.jpg

nOdnn5H.jpg 

EDIT: Oh geez, I'm used to the forum software on Polycount automatically rescaling images. Resized them to not be crazy huge any more.

Edited by Fingus

wow someone in real life actually has one of those anime boob mousepads

wow

The best part is that we got them for free from one of our publishers in SEA.

Actually no, the best part is that it has a massage gyro in each breast. And they heat up.

What are gaming towels?

A recurring joke in this thread.  At some point a series of people's pictures all had a towel visible somewhere in them, and so now pictures without towels are criticized for their lack of towel.