Patters

Show me your desk/gaming space

I also just found that bamboo headset rest last night (it's actually a banana hanger, but don't tell anyone).

Someone at work got me one of those things as a kind of joke. All the bananas I have at work are separate (as in not in bunches), so perhaps a headset stand would be a better use for it. Pretty inspired!

vi73oep.jpg

This is my usual gaming space in the basement. Fancy, right? And yes, those are grill utensils hanging on the wall.

pNdmri0.jpg

This is my secondary gaming space at the kitchen island.

AT4L8ai.jpg

And because I'm jealous of all the home dual monitor setups, this is my work area. Veno says hi. He's watching that spot for me... :)

Alcohol, paper towels, Starburst, Seinfeld, grilling equipment hanging on a random wall - 8.75/10

Nice gaming whine :tup:

Wine + Ability Draft = Oops

Bad decisions were made. I'm not proud.

Alcohol, paper towels, Starburst, Seinfeld, grilling equipment hanging on a random wall - 8.75/10

Nice! I'll take that. I was worried about not having any towels in there, but I'm glad you caught the paper towels! I also noticed there's a dish towel on the oven behind the wine glass. Boom!

And because I'm jealous of all the home dual monitor setups, this is my work area.

I'm also in the dual-monitors-at-work-only club! Here's a view of mainly them and not really much of my desk:

I don't have a good photo of my desk/PC gaming area, but here's a picture of how my living room looks now that everything is put together properly.

1656298_10152162810313444_1960602063_n.j

I don't even see a towel! What is this, amateur hour?

(But in all seriousness, that looks like an awesome setup)

You owe yourself a bigger TV, man. The current one looks really small on that entertainment center. I kinda like the ambient lighting.

Get that short box out of here; comics don't belong near games!

I need a more elegant storage solution for my comics, myself, now that I've started buying floppies. I was thinking of buying a shortbox for my closet and using some some cheap frames to hang up a few favourites in my hallway. Thoughts?

Drawer boxes!

comic-book-drawers.jpg

http://www.collectiondrawer.com/

I have three of these stacked in my closet. The short ones are slightly longer than your traditional top-loaders, and the long ones are slightly shorter than standard long boxes. I hate long boxes of any stripe (I've seen too many develop mouth-like creases in the center, potentially destroying comics in the process), so I went with short drawers. They're about 3 times more expensive, but about 50 times superior in terms of design and build quality, Depending on how you store your comics, you can probably fit about 100-150 bagged & boarded comics per box.

post-33948-0-36801100-1400813906_thumb.jpg

ugh, looks like a wire cluster fck with the big chair out of the way.

he end goal is to build a desk in here to wrap 2 walls & become a hobby & computer room. but then id have to develop another solitary hobby outside of computers

side note - i seem to be in the minority, i love my dual monitors at home but don't like it at work.  instead i keep a relatively small single screen, i spend most of my day in drawing programs with mostly white backgrounds and i find it to be distracting with two & very large

I guess it depends on what you're doing, but I constantly need to pull in images from all over the place so I leave Photoshop in one monitor and everything else happens on a second screen.

i work in signs, so its less back and forth than some other trades. but certainly understand the advantage.

also im distracted by shineys...like forum updates, slick deals, woot offs, etc.

I work with VBA a lot, so it's nice to have my database/spreadsheet on one screen and my code on the other. And when I'm not working on something, one screen has "work" on it (so I look busy) and the other has some random website I'm perusing. But unfortunately they blocked most gaming websites recently, so I have to stalk idle thumbs via my phone. :(

Reviving this nearly year dead thread to show off my new desk space -

FnmxT4th.jpg

Picture's not too hot, but I'm pretty happy with the setup. I finally got a second monitor to match my first and plopped them both on a dual monitor stand. Underneath that I've got a Quirky Space Bar that acts as a USB hub that powers my 3DS dock, USB speakers, cables to charge my controllers, and connects my USB DAC to my PC. I've also got my PS4 plugged into the right monitor, out of frame.

The thing I'm probably happiest with is the convoluted way that I get both my computer and PS4 to deliver sound alternately to the same pair of headphones and speakers. HDMI carries audio from my PS4 to the right monitor and a 3.5" audio cable brings that to the Line-In port of my sound card. I enabled listening to line-in on my computer, so the output on my PC delivers both devices audio. Then I use my USB DAC to switch between my speakers and headphones as needed; it has a handy button that lets you switch on the fly instead of having to plug and unplug things.

Milk bottles, sideways speakers, fans.

I moved back in with my parents and nearly a year has passed by accident.

O9iVoTY.jpg

Whoops

I've wanted a room under the roof of a house with a skylight ever since I first saw Hey Arnold.