Patters

Show me your desk/gaming space

:) this is my man cave!... God I hate that saying

This is our 3rd bedroom that's still decorated as a little girls room from the previous owners. The rooms pretty tiny with one corner being my altar to the god of gaming (James Allard blessed by thy name) and the other corner being my gym aka the place I keep my dumb bells which I never lift

I did some major rearranging with my home theater setup and got some new bookcases so I could bring the rest of my video game stuff out of storage.

Moved the tv and surround sound downstairs. Mounted my back speakers to the ceiling and installed some cable raceways to hide the wires.

post-31977-0-76745300-1384709814_thumb.jpg

Took the rest of my video game stuff out of storage to add to my display in the upstairs loft.

post-31977-0-77308700-1384710076_thumb.jpg

Here's more of a closeup just showing the video game stuff.

post-31977-0-06304800-1384710080_thumb.jpg

One for each grade of gross yellowing.

It bugs me that the darkest one is in the middle.  They should be stacked by grade.

And that is a very nice collection!  Yellowing plastic aside. 

Finally got around to getting a wireless gaming headset and wireless 360 controller that has a PC adapter, so now there's sweet sweet PC gaming on my TV:

y8ypClD.jpg

Beetle Adventure Racing, the secret best racing game on the 64.

Behind Mario I have Ocarina of Time and Pokémon Stadium 2. These are the only N64 games I own.  :getmecoat

Beetle Adventure Racing, the secret best racing game on the 64.

Behind Mario I have Ocarina of Time and Pokémon Stadium 2. These are the only N64 games I own. :getmecoat

You don't like Mario Kart?

Episode 1:Podracer was amazing until you had to boost. Then it became a thumb-destroying test of endurance.

My favorites were Mario Kart 64 and Mickey's Speedway USA...

Whats the keyboard thingy you have there hermie, and would you recommend it?

Tegan, your setup looks like my friends bedroom c.1997, except with a playstation instead of a N64.

Ya, i have my TV hooked up with a hdmi. I wouldn't be playing civ on it or anything, but even Big Picture needs a little poking every now and then. Just as long as it is reasonable responsive.

Edit: Reviews are good on amazon and it is a whole lot cheaper than i expected!

Yup, it's the K400, and it's great. Really lightweight and small, but has everything you would want from a couch keyboard. I work customer service for an electronics chain, and I recommend it all the time.

Beetle Adventure Racing was pretty dope, but doesn't touch Diddy Kong Racing for me. Also, Snowboard Kids.

SO now me and my co worker had to have a 15 minute conversation about a good size for a wireless couch keyboard. He was vying for this tiny tiny one with a backlight and laser pointer. I like the K400.

Diddy Kong Racing was some stellar shit. I loved Mario Kart 64, but that game just took the biscuit.

Mario Kart: Double Dash remains the racing game I have put the most ludicrous amount of time into, though. My god.