Patters

Show me your desk/gaming space

Ah, cool. So Independence Day sucks (but Jeff Goldblum, I mean kind of obligatory). My wife and I saw Signs in theaters on our first date (but it is still a fucking stupid movie, agreed). Adam Sandler movies are all terrible except Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore (don't ask me why I own any of his other movies, with those 2 exceptions I agree with you). Waiting was a horrible movie and Dane Cook has never been funny in a single movie but I had to own that movie because I worked at Applebee's through college and it was the movie we would all get stoned and watch after our shift so we all had it. Underworld makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

On the other hand, I really liked 300 when it first came out but it has become somewhat of a comedy to me with the passage of time so I still like it but for different reasons (and it came with my HD DVD player along with Bourne Identity). Which brings us to Will Ferrell. I absolutely love Will Ferrell and most of his movies, even the really fucking stupid ones. I have friends that despise him and that's fine, I won't defend my love for that beautiful man. He has invaded my brain since he first emerged on SNL and he is a part of who I am.

Please feel free to offer up your opinion on some of my other movies (or games for that matter). I love having these discussions and have no problem admitting when a movie is terrible even if I like it. You seem a little more educated that me as a film buff and I'm curious how badly I fail with my taste in movies.

Don't defend your movie taste to these heathens! Look at all those gameboys!

Don't defend your movie taste to these heathens! Look at all those gameboys!

Thanks for the backup!

I do admittedly like a lot of really dumb movies but I have a juvenile sense of humor and laugh at just about everything. As an example, The Pest is one of my favorite movies of all time. I watch that movie and crack up every single time at John Leguizamo's retardedness even though it is a universally hated movie. I mean, he owes money to the fucking Scottish Mafia, how is that not funny?

I hope I never end up on Hoarders. If they tried to tell me to get rid of one of my multiple Game Boys or NES's or SNES's I would fucking go apeshit. Also, don't ask why I have multiple copies of Metroid, Battletoads, Excitebike, Punchout, Ninja Gaiden... I am a hoarder, and this is my story.

But explain National Security and The New Guy? (not to mention My Girl)

Not even Short Circuit makes up for that.

National Security was awful, agreed. The New Guy, I can't explain why but I love it. Probably because I was in an altered state of mind when I first saw it and every time he did "The Stare" with that little whiplash sound effect I laughed so hard I almost pooped my pants. I laugh hardest at movies when their absurdness is over the top and ridiculous and I love to laugh.

Never speak ill of My Girl though. Macaulay Culkin can do no wrong.

I did my big annual spring purge recently, plus this weekend I grabbed a few Pokémon games on clearance with some store credit I had, so I thought I'd take some photos of the game/movie shelf while I'm cleaning the apartment. It's not like you could even see what was on the shelf in the original pictures anyway.

6n22Y8O.png

tnybNiE.png

Various odds and ends:

the basket organizer thingy on the top has a backup DS lite, a GP2X Wiz, and an iPod Touch with a broken headphone jack.

The Gameboy Micro is resting on a Wii U gamepad stand. The actual gamepad is in the charge cradle.

The 3DS XL has Professor Layton and Luigi's Mansion loaded onto it, along with a couple of DSi/Virtual Console games and all of the Ambassador titles. My most commonly-played games are in a couple of little travel cases sitting in front of the PSP.

The PSP go is sitting in a charge cradle that I've never been entirely certain works properly. I don't use it much, but it's got some emulators on it.

The Mario statue was a Club Nintendo platinum prize.

The things on the footstool are all things that I'm not sure where to put.

Blu-Rays (I sold about half of my BRs to make rent a while back):

3-disc version of Avatar. I won this when I worked at Blockbuster.

Life (David Attenborough UK version)

Planet Earth (same)

Futurama volumes 5 and 6

Summer Wars

Redline

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

The Animatrix (a friend gave me this. He bought the boxed set of the movies, but never liked The Animatrix)

Tron Legacy

Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 (representing the last of my former nearly-complete Disney vault Blu-Ray collection)

The Incredibles

Toy Story 3

Up

Ratatouille

Wall-E

Wreck-It Ralph

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Shaun of the Dead

Ghostbusters

Speed Racer (yessss)

Handheld Games:

GBA

Super Mario Advance

Drill Dozer

Pokémon LeafGreen and Ruby

Golden Sun 1 and 2

DS

Solatorobo

Pokémon HeartGold, Black, and Black 2

The World Ends With You

Elite Beat Agents

Electroplankton

Metroid Prime Hunters demo with custom-printed insert

3DS

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Super Mario 3D Land

3DS game case. It's the size of one DS case and holds 18 DS or 3DS games. Most of the actual game cards are in here, plus a loose Ace Attorney 2 cart.

smoked glass cube vase filled with loose GBA cartridges (all of the aforementioned plus Pokémon Emerald, Advance Wars, Mega Man Zero, Mario Kart super Circuit, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and a bootleg copy of Superstar Saga that erased my save file at the very end of the game. :(

There also used to be some NES and SNES carts here, but I sold 'em all, and I took the CDs out to save space

Console Games:

Wii

Super Mario All-Stars

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Wii Sports

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Mario Galaxy

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Xenoblade

Metroid: Other M

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Wii U

Nintendo Land

Dreamcast

burned copy of Jet Set Radio with a custom DVD insert placed here for spacing reasons (my legit copy of Shenmue is in the closet)

Gamecube

Viewtiful Joe 2

The Simpsons Hit and Run

The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Luigi's Mansion

Pikmin 2

Xbox

Jet Set Radio Future

Mega Man Anniversary Collection

Taito Legends volume 1

Pump It Up Extreme (I can't get rid of this. I have the dance mat somewhere)

Outrun: Coast 2 Coast

PS2

Persona 3: FES

Persona 4

Okami

PS3

DJ Hero 1 and 2

3D Dot Game Heroes

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD

Nier

Modnation Racers

LittleBigPlanet

Prototype

Nintendo 64

Super Mario 64 (I also have OoT and Pokémon Stadium 2 in a closet, but there's no boxes for them)

DVDs (I sold about half of my DVDs recently too):

Clone High

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (in the two cases, I keep them out of the massive velvety case they normally come in because it's impossible to shelve, plus it fell over and cracked one of the cases once)

Cowboy Bebop Remix complete set

Jungle Emperor Leo

My Neighbours The Yamadas

Kiki's Delivery Service

Princess Mononoke

Pom Poko

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (you may be wondering why I don't have Spirited Away/Howl's Moving Castle/etc. I bought those used and still haven't gotten around to repairing the scratches. I'm planning on just getting the BRs eventually)

Metropolis

Phoenix: Endless Fables of Resurrection boxed set

Futurama seasons 1-4

The Simpsons seasons 1-8

The Iron Giant

Dumb Comics For Dumbweiners:

Yotsuba&! volumes 1-5 (ADV versions) and 6 (Yen Press version)

Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 1-22 (some day I will finish you)

Scott Pilgrim volumes 1-6 (why do I still have theeeeese)

The Best of Archie Comics (Not gonna' lie. Bought as a joke)

Tegan, where in Canada do you live? I'm guessing not Vancouver, because an apartment that size would be a fucking billion dollars here.

I'm kinda stuck on full metal too. I have 24 and 25 I think, but I haven't read them yet.

Tegan, where in Canada do you live? I'm guessing not Vancouver, because an apartment that size would be a fucking billion dollars here.

New Brunswick! I used to live in Miramichi, but I moved to Moncton when I got a job offer here last summer. It's still a very small city, but it's a huge step up from Miramichi. This is the biggest apartment I've ever lived in, but until December I was living in a shoebox-sized single room in the basement of this same building.

I'm kinda stuck on full metal too. I have 24 and 25 I think, but I haven't read them yet.

I feel terrible because Fullmetal is really good and I don't want to sell the volumes I have until I finish the series. I have what, five volumes left? I should really just give in and read it online.

Wait, is it actually finished!? I haven't looked into it in ages. I thought it was never going to end. I do enjoy it so!

God I suck. I've been in my new flat for a month now and my computer room consists of some unopened IKEA boxes and my hardware thrown on the floor.

Wait, is it actually finished!? I haven't looked into it in ages. I thought it was never going to end. I do enjoy it so!

27 volumes! Viz is republishing it in three-volume omnibuses now, so the singles of those last volumes that I need are probably going out of print now anyway.

(I really like those omnibus volumes they're doing for everything though)

God I suck. I've been in my new flat for a month now and my computer room consists of some unopened IKEA boxes and my hardware thrown on the floor.

Give them to meeee. Assembling cheap furniture is like some kind of zen thing for me. I am so excited for the point when I'm financially stable enough to star furnishing my bedroom.

I've been here since February. I have no real furniture in my room. My computer and mattress both sit on the floor. I want to get rid of the box that my mattress came in, but its the only thing in here taller than 2 feet besides me. I would just feel so alone if Billy Box Thornton left...

Right, got my bloody living room sorted out. Still a bit bare as I'm yet to get art for my walls and such. Once I get some blackout curtains this will be be my ultimate gaming sanctuary (so far). :tup:

living-room.jpg

living-room-2.jpg

living-room-3.jpg

^ Organised by film/TV, games, and books — all alphabetical. Oh yeaaaaah.

I've still got a computer room to sort out but that can fuck off for now.

Boy, this IKEA shit is hard-going. The desk was a bastard to build. Computer room is now up and running, although one half of the room will remain unphotographed for that's where all the boxes and junk are until I buy some kind of cupboard to put them in.  ;(

desk.jpg

I've temporarily enlisted one of my balcony chairs as a computer chair, but now I've been sitting in it I'm actually really liking the feel, great back support! Tempted to grab a third one for permanent use in here.

Now the next big task: building a whole new PC to replace this one which is still limping on from 2007. Jeez.

Why is it shoved into a corner? Your place of worship should be front and center.