The Killstar

Idle Thumbs Motorcycle Club

On my third year of owning my T100 and it's still an amazing all-around bike. There's not really anything it can't do on the road, and a reasonable amount of money could get it to Scrambler level offroad.

I never fail to come around the corner in my parking garage and have an immediate 'oh that's a sweet bi..oh that's mine' reaction.

The main issue is kind of support for it.  Japanese dealerships are so ubiquitous that it's never an issue, but Triumph dealers are so few and far between that you're kind of stuck if you need to take it to a dealer. Especially if you just don't like the one dealer in your area.  

On my third year of owning my T100 and it's still an amazing all-around bike. There's not really anything it can't do on the road, and a reasonable amount of money could get it to Scrambler level offroad.

I never fail to come around the corner in my parking garage and have an immediate 'oh that's a sweet bi..oh that's mine' reaction.

The main issue is kind of support for it.  Japanese dealerships are so ubiquitous that it's never an issue, but Triumph dealers are so few and far between that you're kind of stuck if you need to take it to a dealer. Especially if you just don't like the one dealer in your area.  

In SF we are lousy with Triumph dealerships. There are 3 within 35 miles of my house, plus tons of foreign, non-Japanese v-twin mechanics.

this thread makes me miss my motorcycle so much :( :(

while i really like the triumph street triple and ducati monster, i keep thinking i'll end up with an early 80's honda or yamaha. There's something about them! 

this thread makes me miss my motorcycle so much :( :(

while i really like the triumph street triple and ducati monster, i keep thinking i'll end up with an early 80's honda or yamaha. There's something about them! 

Early 80s CB750 super sports are crazy nice. I really want a Ducati Monster (ostensibly for my wife, but we all know the truth) Depending on how much money you had to spend, the new Honda CBR250R is supposed to be one of the best bikes out there.

Rode the Scrambler today -- it was great. Going to go Bonnie instead, though. I've come to the conclusion that not only do the sidepipes look cheesy as hell but they're also hotter than you think. Other than that it was a really great ride; smoother than I thought, and Amelia was comfy on the back.

Agreed on the T100. Though I've heard the Base model handles a tad better due to the smaller front wheel. Either way. Potentially, welcome to the club!

hey sean, did you find the bonneville big, heavy, or clunky compared to your current bike? I have never actually taken a bonneville out for a ride, but i was moving my friend's neighbor's around in a garage to get it out of the way and i remember noting that it felt really heavy and substantial compared to my old bike (which was a smaller, 650cc bike). 

hey sean, did you find the bonneville big, heavy, or clunky compared to your current bike? I have never actually taken a bonneville out for a ride, but i was moving my friend's neighbor's around in a garage to get it out of the way and i remember noting that it felt really heavy and substantial compared to my old bike (which was a smaller, 650cc bike). 

Yeah, I did think it was heavy. I was on a 2011 Scrambler and when it was moving it was really nimble and way smoother of a ride than I expected. 

But at slow speed/stop/parking, I felt like a weakling as I was used to my 500cc Honda. I also had my wife with me, which didn't really impact handling while riding but definitely upped the slow speed weight by 125lbs. We actually damn near tipped the thing over parking and turning it around in some gravel.

All in all though it didn't feel "big," I would say "sturdy." Sometimes I'll hop on my buddy's V-Strom or something akin to that and think it's way too big; didn't have that feeling on the Scrambler.

Poking around for a used Bonnie though. Anyone have any opinions on going a little older to get the carb'd version vs the fuel injection?

Both are fine. It's not like a Royal Enfield with really shotty carbs. I've heard no complaints and its really just personal preference. Go back too far though and you get into the smaller engine size. I think per 2004(?) they had 750ccs.

Sometimes I read this thread with all it's lingo and three letter acronyms, not understanding any of them, and i imagine this is what it's like to read gaming forums if you're not a gamer.

I bought a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100 Black with 900 miles on it! Woooo!

I bought a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100 Black with 900 miles on it! Woooo!

VERY NICE. But then also, pics or it didn't happen. If you need handlebars, dude, I got you covered. I just installed my 4th set.

VERY NICE. But then also, pics or it didn't happen. If you need handlebars, dude, I got you covered. I just installed my 4th set.

That would be DOPE -- I was looking at Superbars; Norman Hyde M-Bars and Renthal Lows  but I really have no clue.

Pics tomorrow!

I lied about pics but here it is in the truck on the way home. Drove all over the curvy roads of Marin from SF on the way to Telltale yesterday and had a blast.

2013-04-07%2014.35.33.jpg

Killstar -- any chance of you posting a photo of the seating position with the M-bars on there?