ThunderPeel2001

Sherlock Holmes and the Aventure of the Kickstarter

This hasn't been mentioned here, but the Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective games are getting a remastered treatment for PC and Mac. As someone who owns some of the originals, I have to say: They're surprisingly excellent and enjoyable games, and deserve to be Kickstarted.

So I'm helping promote it:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1920171553/sherlock-holmes-consulting-detective-adventure-mys

They're not doing very well at the moment.

Whoa, this guy also did Shadowgate and Deja Vu? That's awesome!

I skipped out on the Consulting Detective series back in the day. There are certain "rules" to it that seem to be different than what most adventure games have, and I see now that it's based on a tabletop game.

If I stayed away from Sewer Shark, Night Trap, Gabriel Knight II, etc. because of a prejudice against FMV, is Consulting Detective a good place to jump in?

I'm literally going to have to sell a kidney to fund all these Kickstarters...

I think I have the DVD of the FMV game, but it only had four cases on it I think.

Will the remastered version include a Creepy Watson?

Ok, I'm in. Barring a Mr. or Mrs. McMoneypants swooping in at the last minute, it doesn't look like they are going to make it though what with 10 days left and them not even 1/3 of the way.

This doesn't surprise me, we've reached the point where there are just too many interesting projects and we can't afford to fund all the ones we want.;(

Well...I funded but I don't see it meeting its goal. It's too bad that no one even seems to know about it. I only found out about it here.

Retconned nostalgia got the better of me once again. (Sure, I never played FMV games, but I remember not playing them very fondly indeed.)

Funding or not, I hope they manage to pull through this. Or failing that, regroup and secure the rights to Night Trap HD.

I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, he's probably my favorite fictional character. I had skipped over this thread assuming it had something to do with those Frogwares Sherlock Holmes adventure games.

and oh god those Sherlock Holmes board games...

$$$$

grats/fuck kickstarter