Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

Ah! Theres your issue, its actually ARVD, Always Rush Vlads Divine. You need the lifesteal to pair with all that damage.

I don't think Vlad's works with sniper, or maybe that is just the aura? I'd say a helm would be better if your trying to be "serious" or a MoM if you want to go all out insanity build.

Also shit, I want to play some games with chill people. Will be trying to get a group going in the thumbs and dotatoda channels at some point this weekend.

Yep. That's why it's ARDWWK. Always Rush Divine With Wraith King [on your team].

I'm new to the forums and was hoping to find some people to play Dota 2 with. 

I'm not sure how it works with the guild-stuff, but if anyone wants to play I'm The Intronaut on Steam. 

Hey, I'm new to the forums and Dota 2 so I don't know if anyone would want to play with me as I struggle to even know anything about this game but I'd love to get in on the guild regardless - my steam is Bogwitt.

Also, I love the podcast, it's been quite helpful.

I have!  But you already knew that.  I'm playing the MON-EST division.

I started off nervous that I would be on the bottom end of the talent pool, but I'm finding myself comfortably in the middle of the pack, if not slightly above average.  It's definitely a different experience to be playing in a more formally competitive environment.  So far the team I've been drafted on has been very friendly and I'm looking forward to the season.

I'd also like to put together a team for the next joindota season.  I played in the first season and we were supposed to be in the tiebreaker for division 4, but unfortunately we didn't have consistent attendance.  It'll be back to the starter division next season, but it remains to find a team.

As long as it's not reddit over lap I'm in again. 

I'm thinking that we would just try to stick to the default playtime every week to keep it simple.

Has anyone done the play every hero till you will a game with them and move onto the next one. I think they talked about it on an early episode of Dota Today and I am currently using that idea by only playing least played from a to z but not till I win a match

I started Z-A while my friend was doing A-Z but we both stopped at some point. I don't remember why. I also don't remember how deep we got.

i am!

i havent played yet - on vacation last week, and my non-dota gaming freetime has been severely limited as of late. id love to give it a try though, 

battlenet id - Undermind9#1428

I find it incredibly weird and fascinating that both Dota and LoL are rolling out betas of pro fantasy leagues in the same week. It's obviously not something you can just whip up in a couple of hours, so someone probably threw up their hands when the other side beat them to it.

Dota's fantasy beta already happened at the last International. Then another run during the last Dreamleague. I'm pretty sure this is It, now. Season One BEGINS! Could be wrong, though!

Ok, fine.

I find it incredibly weird and fascinating that both Dota and LoL are rolling out big announcements for pro fantasy leagues in the same week! Confluence, indeed.

I feel like you just got all defensive on me when I was just making a point of clarifying.

Well I also sorta disagree with your rephrasing but not in any way that's important or relevant to anything important (just dumb nitpicking as before) so cool!

EDIT: uhhhhhhh listen this whole post was meant to be silly but it doesn't at all read like that so just shut up and go eat dinner or something twig

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to dota 2 (though not LOMAs in general).  If anyone wants to play some casual games and have some fun learning experience add me.  Steam ID Giggle Beard.  I usually play on the US East or West server

I used to play with a group of five IRL/online buddies, but we've been having trouble getting a full stack lately. If anyone wants to fill in an open slot or two or three sometimes hit me up. My steam profile is below.

e: For Dota 2, I mean. I forgot this was a general LOMA thread.

What's a thumb gotta do to get in the guild? I ask because it seems the in game IRC thingy is abandoned in favor of the Guild.

What's a thumb gotta do to get in the guild? I ask because it seems the in game IRC thingy is abandoned in favor of the Guild.

The chat channel does seem pretty dead lately, but I'm not sure if the guild is any better. TBH I've been playing with thumbs for almost a year in DOTA and still haven't found someone to invite me to it. Maybe because I've stopped asking.

Most groups I end up forming in the Giant Bomb chat channel, because nobody is online in the idlethumbs one.

Agreed, the GB channel and guilds are all pretty active if you like playing with those guys. I think I might finally be getting to the point where I don't embarass myself.

I'm getting an invite for HoTS European. Pewpew.