Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

I made some videos that I think are entertaining! U:

'Cause it won't let me post three. ):

Did you play a lot of HoN?

Edit: To elaborate, I ask because you're really good, especially for someone with less than 100 games, and also when we played together last you referred to someone as Tempest, Enigma's name in HoN.

Edit P.S.: Also to your question, support is my favorite role, but when I'm playing by myself I'll go through phases of playing carries when I'm in a vain mood and just want to win.  That being said I always avoid playing CM because for some reason I never win as CM, I'm 1-8 with her.  I have a positive W/L with every other support except for Lina who I've only played once in this game.  At this point it's totally a mental thing, but I can't play CM.  

Those bars fill up in relation to the players you are playing against. If the game thinks you are the lord of bads you would get full bars. I have some bars that are filled up, but I'm not going to the International 3. :(

So I bought a Liquid pennant when they added the new pennants for teams a little while back and it appears the pennant system is currently broken.  If I didn't just spend 99 cents I got from trading cards I might be sad about this.

Edit:  Never mind, it appears they've fixed it now.  It's weird to see just how popular some teams are.  Na'Vi has around 40k pennants while Zenith has less than a thousand. 

I feel like it might be a good idea to make a separate thread for The International 3, but I'm not sure where (in the Dota Today sub forum?) so I'll talk abotu it here for now.  Main takeaway so far is that Liquid used a team with Ursa and Viper to destroy TongFu who were up to that point undefeated.

Hey all, after all the talk on Thumbs and the Bombcast ive started managing lords on a regular basis, still struggling to find teammates though as im new to steam as well. Im new, but I dont play a terrible Windrunner and im gonna be on for most of today, about 10:30 gmt to 15:00.

Anyone fancy a game? Im UK based but ive got a good enough connection to go worldwide, add me on steam and drop me a message Digital_unicorn

Also any chance of an invite to the clan? Cheers

Did you play a lot of HoN?

Edit: To elaborate, I ask because you're really good, especially for someone with less than 100 games, and also when we played together last you referred to someone as Tempest, Enigma's name in HoN.

Edit P.S.: Also to your question, support is my favorite role, but when I'm playing by myself I'll go through phases of playing carries when I'm in a vain mood and just want to win.  That being said I always avoid playing CM because for some reason I never win as CM, I'm 1-8 with her.  I have a positive W/L with every other support except for Lina who I've only played once in this game.  At this point it's totally a mental thing, but I can't play CM.  

Yeah. I even had a solo-queue Ophelia only account that I got to 1850 with an 80% win rate. Not much luck with Chen though. I think I finished with a 66% win rate when I played Glacius. Oh, and over  7 wards placed per game on average, not counting counter-wards. Don't you wish Valve showed you that stuff?

I hope I'm not the only one happy to hear the news that S2 is developing a new LOMA!

HoN is the ugliest game I've ever played in my life, so it's good that Strife is more acceptable in that regard. But if you haven't read about it, you should. Sounds awful. No communication cross team (okay whatever). Limited communication within team (what?!). Can't see teammates cooldowns. Etc. Awful.

Just started playing.

Even with all the podcasts and youtube videos I've heard and seen I'm completely lost :P

Not sure if this is the place for it, but I seem to have happened upon a bunch of "preferred access keys" for the Infinite Crisis beta - as far as I can tell these don't let you in immediately, but they put you above people _without_ a key with the same qualities...

(I got in fairly shortly after submitting mine...)

Hey all,

Any groups of thumbs managing DOTA2 lords on a semi-regular basis? Looking for some more regular stacks to play with; randoms in matchmaking are taking a mental toll currently!

Rarely see any parties going in any of the guilds I'm in, but that could be 'cause I'm EU.

I'm on most nights, middish level (500 wins or so). Here's my main Steam account if anyone's interested and wants to msg.

Cheers.

Oh man your steamurl is the best. I spent so many hours messing around trying to get it to say dumb things.

Moving jobs, moving cities, getting Internet. I guess keeping up to date on the patch notes for the last year will mean my amazing skillz haven't decayed at all.

I just passed 1000hrs played and coincidentally I was listening to 'The Procalimers - I'm gonna be' as I loaded up Dota 2.

And I would grind 500 creeps,

And a I would grind 500 more,

Just to be the Lord that ground a thousand creeps,

To buy divine rap'i'or.

I think my work for the day is done having rhymed more with rapier.