Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

Haha damn.

So last night I was reminded why I so desperately NEED a surrender option.

We got stomped in twenty-five minutes (whatever), and then the enemy team LITERALLY not even EXAGGERATING here decided to camp the fountain until creeps killed the ancient towers and the ancient. It took over five minutes, which means that if we hadn't gotten a kill on the enemy during that time, one of us would've gotten an abandon for being "AFK" and not getting any XP. Fortunately, we did, but for fuck's sake, Valve. I didn't have enough reports left to report them all.

I'm mad.

Surrenders should only be allowed when there's a significant kill advantage (at least double) and after the 15 minute mark or something.

Maybe inflict some kind of battle point penalty or something, but the game really needs that option. There are way too many times where I get stuck in an insane 1 sided curb stomping. 

EDIT:

Also, QoP QWOP

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4896800/QOP.html

Surrenders should be allowed whenever, as long as it's unanimous. Period.

Haha damn.

So last night I was reminded why I so desperately NEED a surrender option.

We got stomped in twenty-five minutes (whatever), and then the enemy team LITERALLY not even EXAGGERATING here decided to camp the fountain until creeps killed the ancient towers and the ancient. It took over five minutes, which means that if we hadn't gotten a kill on the enemy during that time, one of us would've gotten an abandon for being "AFK" and not getting any XP. Fortunately, we did, but for fuck's sake, Valve. I didn't have enough reports left to report them all.

I'm mad.

You don't need to kill anything to not get kicked. Dealing damage is enough, or just moving your camera. I feel your pain though. I always try to finish games instead of standing outside the fountain. Never really seen the fun in that. Some people are just dicks I guess. 

Moving your camera definitely isn't enough. Not even dealing damage is. The requirement is that you get XP within five minutes of the last time you got XP. Unless they changed it, which is always possible (and they should, if they didn't, although I don't know what a better solution is for detecting an asshole who gives up and sits in the fountain). I've seen someone get an abandon while being camped in the fountain, and they were definitely moving around, trying to avoid dying.

Since no one ever seems to be in the channel when I am guess I'll just request an invitation here.

Why does everyone idle in there? Is that the Idle Thumbs way? I've started to type "queuing" everytime I search now on the off-chance someone is there and wants to join.

So...had a goofy game as undying.  We were destroying the other team, our beastmaster was talking about going for divine rapier.  Our sniper whined about how it was a stupid move and just kept talking about it.  I realize I had 6k gold.  My only course of action was of course to get a divine rapier, because fuck it.  Was pretty cathartic after several awful games.

Why does everyone idle in there? Is that the Idle Thumbs way? I've started to type "queuing" everytime I search now on the off-chance someone is there and wants to join.

It just autojoins the channel for me so even though I'm in there I might not be actually active in the channel if you see what I mean.

I'm just doing noob queue games at the moment anyway, even though they are terrible and filled with smurfs. Hopefully losing a bunch will get me with players more my level.

Hay guys

http://steamcommunity.com/id/infogrames

Since I keep listening to these podcasts about a game I've never played, I figure it's time to try it out. I'm currently running through the tutorials. I'm scared, like in a pit-of-the-stomach physical way.

edit: for some reason, Steam thinks I've played Dota 2 for 22 hours, when I just started the tutorials today. Weird.

Hay guys

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tentaclesex/

Since I keep listening to these podcasts about a game I've never played, I figure it's time to try it out. I'm currently running through the tutorials. I'm scared, like in a pit-of-the-stomach physical way.

edit: for some reason, Steam thinks I've played Dota 2 for 22 hours, when I just started the tutorials today. Weird.

That happened to me too, It says I have 90 hours when I really have more like 20-30. I think I might've left it open on my desktop overnight. Seems more likely than the hours glitching or something.

Supporting like a lord:

16j4y6g.jpg

Anyone else like support?

Did you play a lot of HoN?

Edit: To elaborate, I ask because you're really good, especially for someone with less than 100 games, and also when we played together last you referred to someone as Tempest, Enigma's name in HoN.

Edit P.S.: Also to your question, support is my favorite role, but when I'm playing by myself I'll go through phases of playing carries when I'm in a vain mood and just want to win.  That being said I always avoid playing CM because for some reason I never win as CM, I'm 1-8 with her.  I have a positive W/L with every other support except for Lina who I've only played once in this game.  At this point it's totally a mental thing, but I can't play CM.  

Crystal Maiden is one of my favorite heroes, I have a 13-1 record with her and refuse to play that hero ever again. Gotta preserve what's left of my record after I took that L.

Buy Scythe of Vyse on every hero, btw.