Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

$35?! Jesus Christ. I want it, 'cause it looks way better than dumb Lina with hair. Guess I'll wait for a drop.

So am I doing something wrong?  Whenever I go into the idlethumbs DOTA 2 chat channel, there's always people there, but nobody is talking, and I have no idea how to get into a game with some fellow Thumbs, rather then weird randoms.  

HELP

HOW DOES I MATCHMAKE

So am I doing something wrong?  Whenever I go into the idlethumbs DOTA 2 chat channel, there's always people there, but nobody is talking, and I have no idea how to get into a game with some fellow Thumbs, rather then weird randoms.  

HELP

HOW DOES I MATCHMAKE

Just ask if anyone wants to play a game.  Usually I just join and say something like "Any thumbs up for a game?"  and see what happens.  Usually a couple people will want to play, and sometimes a lot of people want to play.  Occasionally we have enough to do a full inhouse. 

HELP

HOW DOES I MATCHMAKE

Add people as friends and pester them.

Add people as friends and pester them.

Ya tell them they are playing dumb baby games all the time.

Ya tell them they are playing dumb baby games all the time.

Yeah gorram baby games!

Oh hey guys I heard about this new game "Imagine: DOTA" and was wondering if you had any tips.

I am like "does anyone want to play, ROOM FOR THREE" and three people leave the chat room.

You guys!!!

I hate nature's prophet so much. All of his abilities are annoying. Whoever picks him almost always just jungles. I hate having him on my team or fighting against him.

Today I had three huge assholes complain at me (probably would've been four if not for my friend who played with me - which is why I never fucking play alone) for the entirety of a game because I did poorly as Faceless Void in the beginning against a fuckign Sand King/Lina lane WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO. The two botched chronospheres in a row probably didn't help.

And then of course I carried because I'm boss and Void is one of my better lords.

Every time they yelled at me, I'd just ask them why they were being so mean. I don't think they got the reaction they wanted. U:

@Twig

Reminds me of a recent game I played as Vengeful. Two of my teammates have the same tag/clan/prefix to their names. One goes Skel King on the short lane, the other Beastmaster on the safe lane. Early game I see Skel's lane partner dying and him being in danger. I tp to his lane, stun his pursuer, body block the other and die to see Skel run safe with less then 100 health. His buddy in safe lane reports me for feeding.

But all is not horrible. Your story also reminds me of my last game. Being shutdown as Void by an Axe/Zeus dual lane, seeing all of us dying for the first 25-30 minutes, losing mid racks, but ending up carrying at 50 minutes and winning anyway. Because teamwork and Void.

What are some of your best comebacks Idle Managers?

You know, it's funny, when I first started playing Dota 2, I hated melee carries, but now Void is one of my favorite lords. I love it when I random him. (I rarely pick him, though, unless it's like Random Draft or whatever.)

Also, it's like, what the fuck, dudes? Void is kinda useless early game, sure, but he picks up HARD after a certain point. Just calm down and let me get my farm on!

You know, it's funny, when I first started playing Dota 2, I hated melee carries, but now Void is one of my favorite lords. I love it when I random him. (I rarely pick him, though, unless it's like Random Draft or whatever.)

Also, it's like, what the fuck, dudes? Void is kinda useless early game, sure, but he picks up HARD after a certain point. Just calm down and let me get my farm on!

That's because he's truly bullshit carry. Whole different grade of bullshit. ...

He's one of the harder carries, but that just means it takes longer for him to build up, which means you have to have a team that can help you survive and defend your base, preferably without his help.

I like him 'cause he's fun. U:

void is actually the best carry imo because even during early mid game he serves gank and team fight utility with his bash and chronosphere. He's probably my best overall character, but i always can't decide between bfury and mask of madness, or going for a butterfly and damage items.

I think against a team of squishy heroes the bfury makes more sense because you can kill them easily in the time the sphere lasts.

void is actually the best carry imo because even during early mid game he serves gank and team fight utility with his bash and chronosphere. He's probably my best overall character, but i always can't decide between bfury and mask of madness, or going for a butterfly and damage items.

I think against a team of squishy heroes the bfury makes more sense because you can kill them easily in the time the sphere lasts.

I find that the only reason to ever go for mask is if the other team has some super strong dude that you need to take out as fast as possible within chronosphere. 

that's one thing i definitely need to work on, using the dominator to stack the ancients. I love gyro too

Having just played him in a single draft game, I've concluded that Dragon Knight is the greatest thing.