Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

I almost want to move to the US because of the Russian cesspool that is Europe West. I hope Valve either region locks matchmaking or make it so you can report someone for not speaking English.

You get Russians everywhere :(

Man, after a couple games with her, I really like the IDEA of Medusa as a super tank who can still be a DPS machine late game, but you HAVE to have those items to do it. She's almost completely useless until you farm up properly. At least other hard carries like void or OD can do some damage in team fights or ganks if they have to.

Tried the Least Played mode. Pretty loose definition, I had a couple heroes I was very familiar with. Also wish it was setup more like single draft or something. It's just all pick with most played heroes blacked out. While you may get people to be less pissy about doing bad as a hero you're not good with in this mode, I think single draft is better in terms of forcing you to play something else.

I was leafing through the voice files for Lich and there's one that's just, "Shitty Wizard."

It seems out of place because I don't remember there being any straight up swearing in the game.

Thumbs reference or am I missing something?

It seems out of place because I don't remember there being any straight up swearing in the game.

I distinctly recall the announcer shouting

HOLY SHIT

So I don't think it's out of place. I wouldn't be surprised if it came from Idle Thumbs, but I read somewhere that Valve adopted the Shitty Wizard as the scapegoat for all their code problems.

Edit: found this:

Allegedly the shitty wizard was also a

used for creep in early builds.

Anyway,

I've been afraid to play on a multiplayer server because I don't really know the game, so I've been doing practice games with bots to get started. I was playing mainly as durable strength lords because they're not very complicated to play, but I was totally getting my ass kicked on easy and medium level bots, so I assumed I just sucked.

Then I decided to branch out, and play as Sniper. I avoided playing carry because I kept hearing it was such a high-responsibility position, and only for experienced players, but I wasn't winning with Tiny so what the hell. I leveled up to 25 in no time, scored 14 kills, and single-handedly wiped out my lane and the radiant ancient, with no help except from my creep.

Moral of the story, bots just can't carry I guess.

I distinctly recall the announcer shouting

HOLY SHIT

I wasn't thinking about the announcer when I said that. I am silly.

Odd that voice lines from early builds are still just sitting in there though. Also that they actually recorded good quality dialogue about a joke.

good game last night thumbs. I didn't exactly CARRY with dragon Knight, but i'm glad I was at least able to contribute after a bad start. Sean played a mean night stalker too.

If anyone has got a spare Dota invite still I could use one for my buddy!

My steam id is: theneverafter

friend request sent then dota 2 incoming!

Most epic game of my short Dota career. They took out all our lane towers and in a big nasty fight they punched a whole in mid and retreated, leaving a nasty wave of creeps wrecking everything. When they came back, everyone who died in the last fight was revived, so we had a full 5-on-5 plus creeps in full majesty, and we managed to kill the entire other team as well as all the creep attacking our ancient. The next couple minutes fending off creep until they all respawned and kicked our asses were tense and dreary, and we lost, but it was a fine showdown.

Most epic game of my short Dota career. They took out all our lane towers and in a big nasty fight they punched a whole in mid and retreated, leaving a nasty wave of creeps wrecking everything. When they came back, everyone who died in the last fight was revived, so we had a full 5-on-5 plus creeps in full majesty, and we managed to kill the entire other team as well as all the creep attacking our ancient. The next couple minutes fending off creep until they all respawned and kicked our asses were tense and dreary, and we lost, but it was a fine showdown.

sounds fun man, had a game last night where they took out all our towers but the base towers, and we held off the base towers with 30% down, their Outworld Destroyer guy was killing us all instantly. Slowly we managed to catch up to level 25 and turn the tide, but it was tense! dota 2 sure makes for great comebacks and great game stories.

Outworld destroyer is one hero i need to learn to use. He seems, like my best carry void, to have the power to absolutely dominate late game.

Outworld Devourer

Fixed. I'm assuming it was a copyright thing, but still the really late name change I found weird considering they had already changed him name from WC3 already.

FYI if Jake makes an Ed Wynn Puffin announcer for Dota 2 and submits it to the workshop I will rate it 5 stars and buy it.

FYI if Jake makes an Ed Wynn Puffin announcer for Dota 2 and submits it to the workshop I will rate it 5 stars and buy it.

This would be the best thing.