Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

So supprised either of the USA teams made it, and also supprised Na'Vi made it given how terrible they've been so far. I expected Mouz to go out in group, but not to be as disappointing.

When Mouz has it together, they are so goddamn good... but it's not consistent. They are intermittently good, instead of constantly good.

I still love SingSing, though, so I will continue rooting for them along with the rest of his fans even though they have no chance. U:

I'm always confused when people say things like "Awww, Mouz is doing poorly." They do poorly like 85% of the time, and get outclassed consistently. They're fun to watch, but how they got as far as they have is weird to me. Maybe I'm just always catching their 'off' games.

Same reason people root for sports teams that never win? I dunno. I'm not a sports fan. Or at least, not until now, but I presume it's a similar mindset.

I root for Mouz not because I expect them to win, but because SingSing is easily the most entertaining streamer. I am sure there are a lot of people who inexplicably expect Mouz to do well because SingSing pubstomps a lot, but anyone who actually follows competitive Dota 2 and still roots for Mouz does it because they like Mouz.

Also, they're still a really fucking good team. Being low tier among the top tier of teams is still top tier compared to the vast majority of Dota players.

Hey did you know someone started a Dota 2 fantasy league? This amuses the living fuck out of me. http://fantasy.dota-academy.com/Login

The main event starts tomorrow, 8 teams on the chopping block. I'll go ahead and say goodbye to mTw, mouz, M5, and Darer. Going intot this I was really expecting something big out of mTw but they've not impressed on any level and if I recall correctly CLG wiped the floor with mTw in The Defense 2. It's just too bad Na'vi and Zenith don't have easy paths to the winner's bracket.

Also some interesting numbers from the Dota blog.

In all, 115 games were played with over 275,000 viewers. The most spectated game was CLG vs M5 with 69,659 viewers.

The average game length was 34 minutes. The shortest game was IG vs Na’Vi which clocked in at 16:11. The longest game, LGD vs M5, went 70:58 minutes. In total there were over 65 hours of Dota 2 played in the preliminary round.

What happened during these games? Overall, there were 4,655 kills with 13.2 million gold and 15.2 million XP earned. The average first blood time was 3 minutes with the longest wait for first blood being in the LGD vs Zenith game with a wait of 11.3 minutes. There were 13 first bloods before the horn.

For heroes, the most popular pick was Venomancer with 64 picks. The most lethal pick was Tiny with 9.4 average kills in 10 games. The most helpful and most unfortunate was Wisp with 13 average assists and 6.7 average deaths in 11 games. Morphling had the most kills with 407 total kills in 54 games.

For Pennants, Na’Vi leads the pack followed by Mouz and Zenith. Amazingly, #1 seeded LGD is down in the number five spot

I'm really surprised that many people bought mouz. I know SingSing's stream is popular but that popular is shocking to me. They performed about as well as you could expect for a team that wasn't invited and didn't qualify. Also Black is the only player that didn't land in the top 10 average death per game.

It's a little disheartening about dota that so few heroes are considered truly "Good" I hope that's just an endigtment of the current metagame and not game balance.

It's a little disheartening about dota that so few heroes are considered truly "Good" I hope that's just an endigtment of the current metagame and not game balance.

Whaaaaa? it's the opposite. There are so few heroes that AREN'T considered "good". Sure, in pub games, you won't see much variety in what people are think is the best, but it's all about picks and counterpicks. Nearly every hero is good at something.

I think it is the metagame that is confusing you. For example, I think there was a time when Spectre was one of the most popular picks in Dota 1? I might be wrong, though.

The issue is that most non-pros like to consider heroes "good/bad" based on professional comp picks, when none of them will ever play at that level. Don't listen to most of it.

XMkWe.png

gHcQI.jpg

uJMRb.jpg

oh yea dont get me wrong, I love using lots of those lesser used heroes. Gyrocoptor is one of my favorites to play, but most people in pubs say he sucks.

At pub level it doesn't really matter, the same goes for super good heroes, there are some heroes that are super good, but at pub level the execution required for them to be super good isn't there, so they aren't any better than other heroes.

The International was an incredible tournament that only got better as the days went on. Was on TS with a few friends during the finals, I've never been so hype for e-sports. iG really beat Na'Vi in the draft.

I angrily listed out like twenty heroes at a friend and said if I see any of them in the finals I'll be satisfied, and then Na'Vi picked Nyx! Of course, it seemed like they had no idea what to do with him, and also he got totally shut down, so bugger that.

While I accept that many Dota heroes are situational picks, it is still kind of boring to see most comp play consisting of a specific subset because no one ever wants to take a risk and draw out those situational picks. C'est la vie.

peoJZ.jpg

Well the finals did have something the rest of the tournament didn't; no Morphling, no Anti-Mage, and constant Dark Seer and Naga picks. iG really surprised Na'Vi with the Disruptor pick as well and he put so much work. The Nyx pick was a bad pick played particularly poorly, even a friend who has never played Dota recognized how useless Nyx was.

And the tournament ended on a triple Ravage!

I would love to get some Idle Buds to add me for Dota 2 playing. My steam e-mail is [email protected]. I joined the idle thumbs channel but the people there were all idle :devil:

So I checked and it's now officially been over a month since I last launched Dota 2 (school started so I've been busy), and the last time I launched the game I don't think I even played a game, so it's probably been longer. That being said I have a feeling the next patch is going to be awesome and am super psyched.

I am out of town with no DOTA'able computer and it is killing me.

You'll return to the killingfeeding fields soon enough.

I am part of the new wave of Lord Managers. The invite came in while I was listening to the new episode, so I saw the Dota 2 letter in the email while "video games" was being chanted in the background. I'm excited.

I finally got an invite yesterday after months of waiting. What a wonderful thing to come home to after taking a few days off work, along with a copy of Borderlands 2. I don't know how I can pick between the two now.

I played LoL for about a year and was never very good at it, and the community was just a bit too serious, but hopefully I can learn the ropes without too much trouble. The interface is definitely worlds easier to understand than LoL's, that's for sure.

A few months ago, I would've wondered how you expect to survive Dota if you find LoL's community too serious. Then I played LoL again. Holy shit is the Dota community laid back in comparison. People yelling at me literally every single game. Maybe it's Valve's influence on the game, I dunno, but Dota 2 is so much more friendly for some reason. It makes no sense. Maybe it's all just a weird coincidence.

Ah there is good and bad in both games. And there is ignore buttons in both!

I had a very nice game of lol the other day, where I got tips and encouragement and everything.

I too find more angry dudes in lol, I've actually had dota games where instead of getting angry at a terrible player, people just start having fun with it. Either teasing or just fucking around in game. Had one game where we came up with this weird lore behind our "undefeatable" leshrac, who would turn the tide of battle in the end

I have spent like an hour today ogling the Axe statue. http://www.wetanz.com/axe/

I don't even really like Axe. I mean, I do, but he's nowhere near my top ten (if I were to ever rank my favorites). WHY DO I WANT THIS?! I don't even normally want this kind of shit anymore. Swear to God, though, if they release a Tiny statue? IN AN INSTANT. I'm not sure if I'd want tiny Tiny or big Tiny, though. Definitely want him with Agh's, at the very least. UGH. I am the worst.

(I'd probably also go for Dazzle or Leshrac.)