Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

Except that's an opinion!

Hey good one I didn't realize!

If the new maps didn't completely fuck the balance equations, making different people unstoppable jugglenobs, I'd be fine with them. Dominion having the same balance for all heroes as Rift just means instead of champion A being a murderous madman/woman, champion B is. If they went to the trouble of a separate balance for the new maps/modes, then bring 'em on. As it is, the few times I played Twisted Treeline it was Heimer/Amumu/Blitzcrank every, single, time. (This was a while back when Heimer was a bit nuts.)

Why does a new mode or map have to keep the exact same balance? What's so bad about different dudes getting play they normally wouldn't get? And, again, I have to point out, LoL's balance has been and always will be shit, so this argument isn't a valid excuse to never try again. The mode itself is perfectly acceptable.

Since Orv admitted defeat over Steam, let's move on to something more fun!

Alright, so I"ve continued playing a bit, but haven't touched Dota 2 since that first week. All the folks that want to play with me play LoL, so I've been doing that one night a week for about a month now, and some things really irritate me. It's easy for me to complain today because last night almost had me rage quitting.

League of Legends seems to always limit which Lords are available to choose. Every week, there's a different set that I can pick from, so despite enjoying this one Lord Ashe the first week, I haven't been able to play as her again. I'm not completely sure, but it seems like that's their whole business model. Get you liking a character enough for a week to buy them so you can always use them. Then, you'll learn later on that they're not as great as you wanted and you'll look for someone else to buy.

Ultimates in general are relatively stupid looking. When we played Dota 2, there were Lords who threw SHIPS at people. Totally awesome and felt ultimate! These? Oh look roots grew up for a split second and damaged them. Plus, the overall look of the game is stuck in the 90's. I know it's based on Warcraft 3, but it doesn't have to be straight Warcraft 3. The engine will often graphically glitch out as well.

Dota 2 has none of those issues. It looks great, sounds great, lets you play with whoever you want whenever you want. Now, if I can only convince them to play some more Dota 2 than LoL. Problem being is they've already got tons of money stuck in it.

I spent so much on buying champs that i never used, their 10 free a week is definitely working>< I had no issue with LoL when I only played it, but going back after playing Dota 2 i felt it looked pretty garish and ugly. It doesn't really overtly bother me, but i think little things like that add up when you are deciding what to play.

. Get you liking a character enough for a week to buy them so you can always use them. Then, you'll learn later on that they're not as great as you wanted and you'll look for someone else to buy.

It is widely assumed by "the internet" that they release champions heavily overpowered and then scale them back when people have cashed in. Zyra, Draven and Diana have all recently displayed this.

It is widely assumed by "the internet" that they release champions heavily overpowered and then scale them back when people have cashed in. Zyra, Draven and Diana have all recently displayed this.

Yikes, really? That sounds... hideous.

Well, it's possible (maybe probable?), but you have to also consider that many of the heroes are released completely underpowered. At least they were when I still played/followed.

All new champions are not created equal. See: Jayce (debatable, I think he's just too complicated for a lot of people), Draven, Varus, Hecarim, Fiora, Sejuani, Viktor. I truly believe a lot of the "OP"ness of new champions has to do with people not knowing how to fight them, combined with ease of use for the person playing them. I do know some of the ratios are messed at the beginning, but watching people not dodge Diana's Q over and over and over is really frustrating. Zyra was definitely broken, but then again, Sejuani has been broken in the other direction from launch and is still not busted. I am definitely biased, but I think LoL gets a lot of hate it really doesn't deserve.

Oh man, Sejuani looks like so much fun if she just actually worked:/ She has a bloody pig to ride around on!

LoL does get a lot of undeserved hate, but that doesn't mean its not an unbalanced wreck of a game in many, many ways. Which is unfortunate, because, even though I vastly prefer Dota 2, I still think LoL is a game worth existing.

Oh, i'm shit so any slight weakness will tend to exasperate that:P

Lol is a cool game:) I jsut like dota better at the moment.

I still think LoL is a game worth existing.

Isn't any game that lots of people enjoy playing one that is worth existing, even if it is bad? (Not saying that League is bad)

Isn't any game that lots of people enjoy playing one that is worth existing, even if it is bad? (Not saying that League is bad)

Zynga really took this idea and ran with it. Or took other people's ideas and ran with them, I guess.

NOPE.

Zynga really took this idea and ran with it. Or took other people's ideas and ran with them, I guess.

Yeah I actually had Farmville in mind as the worst possible case, but personally if people enjoy playing something, whatever. I don't have to play it and if it makes the people who do play it happy, more power to them.

I just got a Dota 2 key, and I've never played a game of lord's management in my life. I joined the steam group in hopes of playing with some fellow Thumbs who won't be too mean to me :frown:

I just got a Dota 2 key, and I've never played a game of lord's management in my life. I joined the steam group in hopes of playing with some fellow Thumbs who won't be too mean to me :frown:

We will still be mean to you, but we'll do it in bots games that don't impact other people's games,

Someone a while back said they were jealous of my skills because I posts videos of me doing well. But those are few and far between. The times when I do poorly far outnumber the times when I do well. I just don't tend to record them because I either forget to, or when I do, they aren't as entertaining as I thought.

Anyway, this one still makes me laugh so I thought I'd post it. U:

I guess everyone is watching prelims so the queue is all weird, got matched with people with like 10-20 games.

Both American teams made top 8! USA USA USA! Too bad they were both violated by the top Chinese teams. I'm really liking DK's 4v5 style but I'm not jumping off the Zenith bandwagon just yet.

Anyone have any recommendations on games to watch? iG v MTW and Mouz vs DK were my favorite series by far. Mouz v Zenith really showed Mouz's unique ability to throw games.

When Mouz has it together, they are so goddamn good... but it's not consistent. They are intermittently good, instead of constantly good.

I still love SingSing, though, so I will continue rooting for them along with the rest of his fans even though they have no chance. U: