Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

tried an interesting alternate strat with axe tonight. Bloodstone to scepter. massive amounts of hp, with a 6 second ult, good times

Tonight, I'll be trying this for the first real time ever. I'm so scared.

Don't die. And if people are hassling you you can mute them from the score sheet.

Somehow went 12/4 as shadowfiend. Surprised me both because I never see him do well and because I hate with a passion how his QWE ability works.

I'm so bad at Kunkka, but it's hilarious because I'm so bad at Kunkka.

And then...

I'm so bad at Alchemist, but it's hilarious because Alchemist is bad.

woah, alchemist is great....at running away from a team fight because your team lost because you're alchemist, but you get away because you're alchemist

That is true. They haven't said anything other than wanting all the dota heroes in for the international 2 tournament. Although to be fair, they have to make everything (as in art, voice overs, icons, effects, etc) except the spreadsheet stuff for each hero they release.

They aren't going to add all the heroes for TI2, in fact they aren't adding any more until after it so that teams can practice with a consistent player pool. I'm pretty sure IceFrog has states at some point that there will be new heroes after everything is ported, and even if he hasn't straight out said it I don't see how that won't be the case since new stuff is still being added to DotA. That being said there's still quite a few heroes that need to be added to Dota 2 before it becomes relevant (there's 108 in DotA)

vvvv Is there a hotkey for "center on character"? I kept hitting spacebar to do that out of reflex. Forget the courier, I don't even know what to buy let alone have a fat pony deliver it to me.

to center on your character double tap F1, or rebind it to something else (I have 1 select my hero, 2 select my courier, 3 select my minions, and 4 as a control group. So for example if I'm playing Syllabear if I have him on 1 my bear on 3 and I can switch between them quickly, and I can also set them both to 4 so if I want them to walk somewhere together or am using them both at the same time I can just hit that and tab between them).

There are 18 unreleased heroes, currently. They're getting pretty close!

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Unreleased_Content

There's a good reference for what we KNOW is coming. Although KNOW is a strong word. Besides the heroes, of course. Everything else is just stuff that was found in the update files over time by the illustrious Cyborg Matt.

I'm interested to see what they do with techies. I can't really see them not getting a major change if they get put in at all.

I just want Bristleback. Punch him in the butt and you will pay!

e: I'm also curios about what they'll do about balance once all the heroes are in. Bristleback for example is banned from play in a lot of dota1 tournaments.

I just played the most catatonic game of Dota 2 of my LIFE. As Skeleton King. (No surprise there.) I basically just sat in lane, farming, and if anyone came to me, I killed them. Ended up with a Mjollnir pretty early on and went Abyssal Blade for shits. Highest kill count, but lowest total kill presence. Had the game gone on long enough, I would've quickly surpassed everyone, because I could solo two or three of the enemy. Four, probably. Was good times. They kept trying to stop me from free-farming, but it just didn't work. BECAUSE I AM THE KING OF SKELETONS.

I also went full MANLY and never returned to the fountain. Although I did die twice. ):

EDIT: So I went to check out my SK hero bar progression because he was once at the top by a significant margin. Then I stopped playing him, and other heroes surpassed him. Well, he's back at the top.

EXCEPT.

I played my fifth game of Alchemist today. He is now my highest. I am amused.

woah, alchemist is great....at running away from a team fight because your team lost because you're alchemist, but you get away because you're alchemist

That is hilarious sir. Bravo

I played two matches last night with people I knew against bots. They are all League of Legends players and mocked the game basically the whole time. The first match, we were accidentally playing against hard bots and I picked a generic dude on a horse (forget his name, but he seemed angry). That didn't go well at all. The second I picked "Gyrocopter" because he looked funny and did reasonably well (we won that match). No, before you ask, I didn't plan ahead as to who I should pick... I just winged it. They want to teach me LoL instead of Dota 2 because "Dota 2 is stupid."

I suggest you counter with a well aimed "No LOL is stupid, stupid". That'll show them.

Having played both quite a bit now, I find Dota to be stronger in a number of departments and i'm going to stick to playing it. If your friends are playing LoL however you will likely have more fun playing with them in a group than soloing in dota.

I don't get why people don't get that they're just going to put in all the heroes as of their current state of the DotA 1 version. "How will they put in pit lord, bodies disappear too fast!"

That said, the only way you can get techies in DotA 1 is to play AP, because he's locked out of CM and RD and SD, so just never play AP.

I played two matches last night with people I knew against bots. They are all League of Legends players and mocked the game basically the whole time. The first match, we were accidentally playing against hard bots and I picked a generic dude on a horse (forget his name, but he seemed angry). That didn't go well at all. The second I picked "Gyrocopter" because he looked funny and did reasonably well (we won that match). No, before you ask, I didn't plan ahead as to who I should pick... I just winged it. They want to teach me LoL instead of Dota 2 because "Dota 2 is stupid."

Peer pressure is fun! Guy I was playing LoL with keeps giving me crap about playing dota 2 instead and constantly telling me how dumb it is, heh.

I'm sticking with LoL just because I'm too lazy to learn something new, and most of my friends are still into League as well.

If your friends are playing LoL however you will likely have more fun playing with them in a group than soloing in dota.

Totally agree. I wouldn't want to solo either of the two, that can't be very fun in the long run.

Just joined me the group because I'm looking to get back into League of Legends. I guess it's not as popular as DotA 2 but still played? Either way, I'd be super happy to join up with some people on EU West, though I'm quite new to the game (I have potential!)

Just joined me the group because I'm looking to get back into League of Legends. I guess it's not as popular as DotA 2 but still played? Either way, I'd be super happy to join up with some people on EU West, though I'm quite new to the game (I have potential!)

I think it would be fantastic if some folks ran a LoL game for people, built a group, etc. I probably won't spearhead it but we can definitely recap/organize games here and whatahaveyou.

I should get Jake to make a real consortium logo so you guys could use it in LoL too.

I think it would be fantastic if some folks ran a LoL game for people, built a group, etc. I probably won't spearhead it but we can definitely recap/organize games here and whatahaveyou.

I should get Jake to make a real consortium logo so you guys could use it in LoL too.

I'll spearhead a group if people want one, I kinda thought that this here Lords Consortium was multi-purpose, but I suppose it would be easier to split the groups between different games, and perhaps keep the Consortium as a hub? Perhaps I'm just looking too far into it.

Also, totally down with official logos... or emblems as I will call them in an attempt to heighten their significance.

Then in 6 months we can have a Dota vs LoL tournament in HoN or some other lord management game.

Clearly the only option is for us to use Aeon of Strife.

I'll spearhead a group if people want one, I kinda thought that this here Lords Consortium was multi-purpose, but I suppose it would be easier to split the groups between different games, and perhaps keep the Consortium as a hub? Perhaps I'm just looking too far into it.

Also, totally down with official logos... or emblems as I will call them in an attempt to heighten their significance.

Definitely multi-purpose. Spear-head a group, call it The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium and direct folks here (or to the main site)! If LoL vs Dota vs HoN gets confusing we can always spin off threads, groups, etc.