Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

Windrunner could have canceled the powershot and it would have hit and killed you. When I say Juggernaut went the wrong way I mean he was off you for a good third/fourth of his spin. Those can be forgiven, Invoker cannot.

EDIT: Ooooh, you edited your post because you realized how wrong and also dumb you are! Thank goodness!

Nah, just thought it was too much parenthetical text.

I just watched, and he only missed two ticks on the spin. 40 each, it looked like (I guess it ticks twice per second, and he had only one level in the skill). I had 67 health as he died. He would've had to hit both to kill me. But that's the whole point of not running in a straight line. Windrunner might've killed me after that though if he only hit me with one. Either way, I am the winner, because I am the better player. Stop being so bitter!

EDIT: Probably missed three ticks. Four at most. Either way, hardly "a third/fourth" of the spin. Tsk tsk.

You're bad and you should feel bad! I might, might be a little annoyed after a couple shitty situations today that I should have escaped from but got killed on chance. I should just ragequit if anyone picks OM or CK.

The counter to both of those heroes is to stop having shitty luck.

sickburn(??)

I will never get a 4+ stun, or any multicast at all, yet I will always receive them. I've basically stopped playing anyone with anything that has a chance of doing less than optimal things.

I've been trying to get good with nyx assasin, but I'm having a hell of a time last hitting with him. I think I need more starting agility items or a quelling blade to help out. His animation is good, and I'm normally decent at it, it just seems like his base damage is too low

Does anyone have a good recommendation for hotkeys? I haven't touched them, and all the item slots are currently on the num pad. That seems... horrible?

Maybe because I still just don't know item builds and what the hell to do with that, but I feel like I can see 2002 from here. It's clearly a complete product, but even after all this iteration I can feel the Warcraft mod leaching through. Some stuff just feels obfuscated for its own sake as opposed to nuance or complexity. I think I need a dota buddy. :[

vvvv Is there a hotkey for "center on character"? I kept hitting spacebar to do that out of reflex. Forget the courier, I don't even know what to buy let alone have a fat pony deliver it to me.

right now i have courier on z, store on x, and voice chat on spacebar, that seems to work out fine for my style, I still use the number keys for items, but im thinking of changing that so I can work with control groups better.

QWER - Abilities

Either

Alt+QWER

or ASDF - Items

I personally use 1234 for items because I have pretty good reach with my fingers and I'm used to it, but Alt+QWER is usually more intuitive for people, and it saves you from having control groups on something weird like Shift and Control.

Ok, this is probably a really weird question, but - can one play lords management games competently on a touchpad? I tried playing the Dota2 beta a few months ago on a mac laptop in bootcamp, and it always seemed finicky about L mouse versus R mouse. I don't know how much of it was bootcamp versus touchpad control in general, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with this.

I used to play LoL on a touchpad for months. Before I realised just how bad it was. If the buttons have a decent response time it's doable but nowhere near recommendable.

In a game where a single miss click will lose you a 50minute game? I'd say touchpad is a really bad idea.

This was my first (and so far only) time playing Rubick. I LIKE RUBICK!

I also find it amusing that I'm better with Mirana's arrow as Rubick than I am as Mirana.

now for Orv to tear apart this video, too ):

This games really needs some quick start guide. I fired it up and the interface is fairly daunting by itself. I went to the training tab, and it's basically a bunch of videos? Can I "train" by playing?

Play against bots for a few games to get the controls. Then join some games and die repeatedly to learn:)

1st lesson: Don't die.

Yeah I understand they're going to be doing a bunch of tutorials eventually... I just wonder when.

This games really needs some quick start guide. I fired it up and the interface is fairly daunting by itself. I went to the training tab, and it's basically a bunch of videos? Can I "train" by playing?

You need to create a private lobby with bots to do that. Play tab -> Create Lobby -> Edit settings and enable bots, then starts the game, pick a hero and you are golden. There are many guides you could read, many videos to watch. I'll link some stuff from my bookmarks:

http://www.welcometodota2.com/2012/01/purges-inclusive-guide-for-noobs-aka.html

Dota is extremely complex, and the UI is made for experienced players, not newbies. Seems valve really doesn't care about the "casual" Lord managers, since LoL has that base covered anyway. Dota2 is far far superior to LoL though, with superior depth, superior balance, more interesting items, and the platform valve made is pretty amazing. Also last two weeks we've had like what, 5 new heroes? Crazy.

Also last two weeks we've had like what, 5 new heroes? Crazy.

That said, "new" is a relative term here. All the heroes so far have just been converted from Dota, so we have no way of knowing how often new heroes will be added once the original roster has been completed. Indeed, I don't know if there has been official word that new heroes will be added.

That said, "new" is a relative term here. All the heroes so far have just been converted from Dota, so we have no way of knowing how often new heroes will be added once the original roster has been completed. Indeed, I don't know if there has been official word that new heroes will be added.
That is true. They haven't said anything other than wanting all the dota heroes in for the international 2 tournament. Although to be fair, they have to make everything (as in art, voice overs, icons, effects, etc) except the spreadsheet stuff for each hero they release.

Well, of course they will! Once they have the full game proper, they're going to update it, tweak it, etc., accordingly. They've also said that they have at least one alternate map in testing phases, but obvs that's not guarantee the map will ever see the light of day. They're going to implement the new heroes that came out in DotA 1 since Dota 2's release, eventually.

I'm looking forward to that day, because as much as I love Dota 2, I'd like to see some more original ideas, especially in terms of map design. U:

I am back from a far-reaching and wandering vacation and am looking forward to managing a lord.

Hi okay I have one more video. U:

We'd fallen victim to the Enigma's black hole like two or three times by this point, and I was fed up with it. EVEN MONKEYS CAN LEARN. So I learned and held back and then THRUST FORTH MY LORDLY SILENCE. It was wonderful.

Twig, I can never criticize a Rubick video because Rubick is simply the master of Grinchy Fun.

Coming out of the end of that Rubick fight I was on such a giddy high that I fucked up the next fight. It was kind of hilarious. (We won anyway, but that's whatever.)