Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

Well, he does have a super long wrist when he shoots his hand out, gotta keep it covered

As a WristStrong supporter I agree with this statement.

I'm tired of playing HoN by myself and I don't like LoL, so here's hoping that I can snag my way into DOTA 2.

I'm tired of playing HoN by myself and I don't like LoL, so here's hoping that I can snag my way into DOTA 2.

You can buy your way in I believe.

Yeah someone who has Dota 2 can buy an invite from the Dota 2 store for £25. Not sure how much it costs in other regions. Alternatively I believe you can still just sign up at the Dota 2 blog and may eventually get an invite. Theoretically the game will actually be "released" at some point too!

They said they would release it after or right before the international 2, makes sense if its before so they can show off their spectating feature for it. That date would be end of august, same time as PAX.

People are selling (trading) Dota 2 invites for 2-3 summer keys atm (4-6 euro).

*video game economies*

Yea it's kind of funny seeing people trading something like invites, like they were SOJ's in diablo 2 or something, as a piece of currency, that won't be valid anymore once the game is out to everyone.

Kudos to zigavivei for playing 3 games in a row where we lost more or less badly depending on the game and keeping such a good attitude about it. Sorry for my first two terrible games as Pudge!

well, templar assassin was fun, took a bit to get used to the ult. Started off really badly against ES/veno lane, but ended up 18/5 somehow.

im starting to think templar assasin might be a bit overpowered. But I'm only an average player so maybe I don't know enough

Just had a game where I was Shadow Demon in lane with a Sand King. TWICE when I went in to initiate with Disruption, SK also initiated, knocking the enemy up and putting SK under my cursor as I clicked.

Let's just say he wasn't very impressed.

im starting to think templar assasin might be a bit overpowered. But I'm only an average player so maybe I don't know enough

Judging from how I did early, a ranged character can push her around pretty hard. I could not farm at all with veno's harass and the ever present danger of being stunned by ES

You want two levels in Psiblades early regardless of lane, then max Meld, then Refraction, take one or two levels of ult until 25, max it last. If you are up against a heavy melee lane. If it's a heavy ranged/harass/stun lane, max Refraction, then Meld. The issue here is that Meld is not a defensive ability, you walk up to the opposing melee lane person, Meld and instantly attack, doing a huge chunk of damage that early. Meld isn't going to save you from Veno/ES. Though you can't be stunned out of Meld, anything that moves you will drop it.

It's also worth noting that TA is very good vs burst damage but very bad against damage over time. Venomancer is a good counter to her as he melts her shield. Leshrac especially is another person who destroys her, and if you try and meld he's just going to stun you and kill you.

Anyone with a DoT is a Lanaya hard-counter, regardless of any other skill. Huskar is the one I have the most problems with.

Meld saved me like once, but yea, that's exactly how I leveled up, refraction then meld. Most of my deaths were from that lane, just got lucky later in the game and would meld just long enough for them to switch targets, then I'd pop out and murder someone. She vaguely reminds me of akali from LoL, when playing like that.

The problem with most DoT reliant heroes is that Lanaya will kill them almost instantly if she attacks them. They'll put in work during team fights but otherwise they should stay far away.

does leshracs diabolic edict work against a cloaked TA? I like to pick lesrac and axe to counter her, and I do pretty well, but i wasn't sure about that specific thing.

According to Dota 2 Wiki, Leshrac's Diabolic Edict "can damage invisible heroes if they are within the area of effect" - so probably.

Hi all! Vanaman's got me in the DOTA grasp. I've played LoL for about a year, and have been in the DOTA 2 beta for a while, but have only played about 5 games total and haven't played in months. The lure of potentially meeting people who can help teach me this exactly the same but totally different game is overwhelming. What should I do to introduce myself in a game setting and request to be taught with baby kid gloves?

you should watch a youtube video on a certain hero that interests you, then play a game against bots to learn the concepts of that hero. Then learn about the fundamentals of good dota 2 play with some tutorials on youtube as well. I was new to this whole genre only 3 months ago, and now I feel like I really know what im doing.