Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

Well, if you have a lich, i also like support veno (he can be amazing in a coordinated gank) and dazzle (needs a bit more practice to get the tombstone thingy down right, also, don't pick V axe).

I just go support on lich. Wand > boots > mech > drums> aghs/force. wards when they come off cooldown. nomnomnom. If there hasn't been a 1st blood by the time you get to 6 i just run in and explode them with my ulti:D

Veno's slow is so amazing. Dazzle's stun/slow is also amazing. I always go level 3 Poison Touch as soon as possible. If I'm having a good lane, that's at level 5. If bad, level 6. Ult isn't really worth it until teamfight phase.

I would never go Agh's on Lich. There are better choices. U:

It's for pub stomp (lich is about the only one I can do that on). :D

in a pub gaming getting a scepter for lich seems pretty devastating, most team fights are so horribly unorganized when there's so little communication that a good lich ult can win the whole game

Lich is one of the handful of heroes i STILL haven't played a game with, despite having played 200+ now(I never played dota 1) It's so weird how my mind is telling me to try lots of new heroes, but don't try everyone for some reason

Agh's on Lich is never a good idea over other, more precious items. If it's a complete stomp, sure, do whatever the hell you want, but Lich is one of those heroes you rarely get Agh's on. Mek and Pipe both take priority as support items, though sometimes you might ignore Pipe if the enemy team doesn't have a lot of big magic damage skills. Drum is always nice on every team, and Lich can use the minor health boost. If you're getting enough farm to get Agh's, Eul's is much cheaper and more useful for your team, and Sheep isn't much more expensive, and still more useful for your team.

Maybe it's just the level I'm playing at (somewhere in the High tier, probably on the lower end), but unless I've got an enigma or Tide or something to keep the enemy team still for a good, decent time, the instant anyone sees a Lich ult coming at them, they run away from the rest of their team. If I'm up against a team that DOESN'T do that, then they're already too stupid to even need the extra Agh's casting distance, and the damage isn't that great an increase, anyway.

This stupid game. I'm buying these coolfaced games on sale, but I just end up playing dota2 anyway.

WUXTRY: I got Chris and Doug to play their first match ever last night (against bots) and it looks like Chris actually understands how the game works.

Also, because minds want to know, he chose Warlock (as he was closest to a wizard).

Super fun!

Part 2 of The Dota 2 Experience is out. Rather enjoyable.

I've had a streak of wins and i'm 1 win from having an even W/L ratio. So nervous. I had the best fun on gyrocopter. I love when people stand in your ulti and then say you are lucky for winning a fight:/

Windrunner has two treads 25 minutes in. They have a long way to go.

One for each foot.

Vanaman just throwing games left and right with his excellent QoP play.

One of those things is true.

After last night, I can definitely say the latter is true.

I also am a huge fan of witch doctor, by far my favorite hero and best support. His stun lasts forever if you do it right, his ult has massive ganking and teamfighting potential, and he has a team heal and damage boost, and a good attack animation and range!

I finally made my first purchase to open one of the summer boxes, and got the bonus witchdoctor costume along with that

The proper way to play Witch Doctor is as a carry.

The above statement might be a lie.

No, but seriously. He's one of the best damage-based supports. His autoattack damage is pretty huge for a support. Get them phase boots fast and the enemy laners are gonna hate you. His real strength, though, lies in Cask+Maledict. BOSS.

are you saying lothars in, dagon, cask, ult? WHenever i play witch doctor(which is a lot) He's so boss, i feel like im a support/ganker/carry at all points of the damn game.

It would be cask, the Maledict, then Dagon, but don't do that.

Cask, maledict, dagon, ult, then lothars so you cant be interrupted. Also, everything about that is good in non troll pub games except the dagon. If you get an Agh's and drop maledict in a team right and then ult with either a bkb or lothar's it's awesome.

yea that's always been my endgame goal with doctor, scepter then bkb, glad to see im doing it right, i usually go for at least arcane boots first though, but i like to help out the team and put wards down the whole time though

WD is one of those characters that I tried out when i first played. That means i was confused and scared and never wanted to play him again. i'll have to grab him some day to try again.

My similar phobia for Sand King was removed last night when i was made to take him versus a brood mother last night while in a 5 man with some irish peeps (who i assume know better than me). I basically just ended up farming her creeps for the XPs and ended up three levels ahead of everyone else. And i learned a new counter pick. woo.

wzh4f.png