Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

I thought Rosh was the donkey. it was pretty long, but enjoyable:)

A new carry has been released. mid or feed.

I'm loving lich still, i think he is my favourite character.

And oh god the terrible dagon whisps still wandering around. Did you guys know that whisp can solo any character in the game by teleporting in and ... on no he is dead.

I should apologize to Orv and Brave (not int he forums) last night for a horrible 3+2pub match we were in. Yeow.

It was probably their fault, anyway.

I blame playing solo Gondar against Clinkz/Omni, but I really can't claim having played well. No worries! It was just a bad day for DotA for me.

http://www.joindota....en/live/tobiwan Starladder finals going on over here today for anyone interested in watching some good managers manage their Lords. I think there are only east european teams left as mouz lost a semi-final earlier today.

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/SLTV_StarSeries_Season_Two Tournament info here. I really wish the dota2wiki would be as good as TeamLiquids wiki as far as e-sports goes.

http://www.joindota....en/live/tobiwan Starladder finals going on over here today for anyone interested in watching some good managers manage their Lords. I think there are only east european teams left as mouz lost a semi-final earlier today.

http://www.dota2wiki...ries_Season_Two Tournament info here. I really wish the dota2wiki would be as good as TeamLiquids wiki as far as e-sports goes.

Mouz actually is in the grand finals vs Na'Vi after winning the lower bracket, the game just end3ed and it was insane. I'm still not giving them much hope at beating Na'Vi, as Na'Vi are ridiculously good, and on top of that I believe they have a 1-0 advantage coming from the upper bracket vs Mouz coming from the losers bracket.

Vanaman just throwing games left and right with his excellent QoP play.

One of those things is true.

Mouz actually is in the grand finals vs Na'Vi after winning the lower bracket, the game just end3ed and it was insane. I'm still not giving them much hope at beating Na'Vi, as Na'Vi are ridiculously good, and on top of that I believe they have a 1-0 advantage coming from the upper bracket vs Mouz coming from the losers bracket.

Mouz was stomped in two. Na'Vi are really just a level (or two) above Mouz.

Yeah that was a hard couple of games to watch. There were a couple moments where I was like THIS IS IT but in the end Mouz didn't stand a chance. SingSing is one of my favorite players to watch stream, too. ):

I haven't watched a whole lot of dota 2 pro matches yet, but its so weird how differently they play from typical pub play. They are on a whole different level of coordination, roaming for 4 man ganks at 30 seconds and all kinds of wacky stuff.

The recent influx of "professional" teams has lead to a real decline in good tournament play, to such a point that I'm not even watching it anymore. I'll occasionally watch a game that Larry David casts, but at this point I'm just hoping The International 2 has some good play, because recent tourney play has been full of mistakes that I wouldn't even make.

Seriously, how the fuck do you kill the Aegis on accident.

I've done worse!

When you play hundreds of games in less than a year (jesus christ what has this game done to me), it's hard not to make an incredibly stupid mistake every now and then. And I feel that although I could, of course, always improve more, I'm not awful.

The thing to keep in mind is that all of the top pro teams are still rediculously good, Mouz included even though they are just a "stand-in" team for TI2, but Na'Vi is just that incredible that they're a step above the rediculously good people. If anyone followed HoN at all, the FnaticRC team was by far better than any other team, Na'Vi is the same way.

Na'VI has won every major dota2 tournament so far. The Chinese teams will be able to challenge Na'VI during the International 2 though, which is good. It's sad for dota2 as an e-sports that the Americans are so bad at it. EG and clg will probably get beaten out pretty fast in the International 2.

It is actually quite funny to watch Na'VI play versus a team like mTw. Synderen is an amazing captain, and he makes such good decisions but his team lacks in execution and "skill" sometimes. Na'VI make stupid decisions all the time but executes them perfectly, so they often win the engagement anyway.

Also Dendi has quite a following, and his own meme: http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=315942

4znMf.jpg

Na'Vi lost the Dreamhack grand final to mTw a few weeks ago. I'm really looking forward to watching mTw, Na'Vi, Zenith, and DK at The International. I really can't see any of the other teams winning. In a Beyond the Summit match today Zenith chose not to ban any hero against Orange (another International team); gave up a Lycan, Prophet, and Chen but still managed to stomp.

WUXTRY: I got Chris and Doug to play their first match ever last night (against bots) and it looks like Chris actually understands how the game works.

Also, because minds want to know, he chose Warlock (as he was closest to a wizard).

I think Warlock's a great starting character. All his abilities excepting the slow are very obvious and easy to use, while still being very beneficial to the team. If Chris intends to play him more regularly, I would recommend to him that turning on unified unit controls in the options and then just holding ctrl when giving commands in order for the golem to follow them as well may be an easy (though obviously not always perfect) way to use it somewhat effectively.

I like using warlock as well, he can both harrass and babysit the hard carry of the team all the way to lane domination. It's also fun if you're having a great game to get both scepter AND refresh orb to throw out like 4 golems at once haha

I can't stand warlock. The long cooldowns mean that if you make a mistake you are often left sitting with nothing to do for the next 20s while the battle rages. I also just don't enjoy his skillset. I recommend lich, lich is awesomepants, and rather forgiving on the mana front for beginners.

Everybody is technically a Lich player.

Even though I've been playing for almost a year, now, Lich is still one of my favorite heroes. It's amazing how much more fun he is once you have good game sense, and once you start experimenting with his item builds and whatnot.

He's a surprisingly great harasser, which I didn't realize for a long time. I can almost always dominate a duo lane BY MYSELF with him! Just the other day I got first blood AND second blood (A DOUBLE KILL!) against a Faceless Void and Lion! Phase boots plus drums of endurance plus Eul's? SUPERFAST. Get an orchid or even a bloodstone if you're doing really well. Sell phase, get boots of travel. YOU KNOW, FOR FUN.