Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

Luna;s capacity for damage with her ult is absolutely amazing. Wisp seems like a lot of fun, but you really need some good teamates to have a good support game with him

I finally figured out how I wanted to play Wisp and generally how to play him really. Match ID is 23584955, though I'm not sure it's all worth watching. I think I do a decent job of it though, and I look forward to playing more Wisp.

I almost said fuck this game today and quit entirely after losing 3 in a row due to my own stupidity and some asshole teamates, but then I had a 14-3-10 game with kunkka and that made me feel better. That dude can really dish out some damage lol

So, apparently since we are terrible Gwardien, we should just go for a push strategy when we 5 man. Works for me! Back to some broodmother.

anyone have expeirences doing super agressive tower pushing with any particular hero? I think that might be a cool strategy to try. I've heard leshrac is good for that?

Leshrac is the best tower pusher in the game, pretty much. Max level Diabolic Edict can take down a tier 1 tower in one go if no enemy creeps are around. And he's an okay creep pusher. AND he's a boss 1v1 hero. AND he's pretty good in teamfights, too.

Leshrac is the best hero in the game. YES.

Other good pushers are: Broodmother, Lycan, Venomancer, Enigma, Jakiro, Razor (w/Agh's), Luna, Nature's Prophet, Sand King, Death Prophet, Dark Seer. There's more. Many of them are better than others in specific ways. Some, like Sand King, are only good at pushing creeps (although this, of course, naturally pushes towers). Any hero that's good at pushing towers is usually also good at pushing creeps.

Pushers I can think of right now: Leshrac, Death Prophet, Dark Seer, Lone Druid, Beastmaster, Broodmother, Chen, Enchantress, Venomancer, Necrolyte, Nature's Prophet, Tinker, Enigma, Pugna, Lycan, Shadow Shaman.

Must have items for pushing: Arcane Boots (multiple ones), Urn of shadows, Mekanasm, ring of basilus or ring of aquila, Wards.

Leshrac and Lycan are my favorite heroes because they are able to force multiple teleports on a tower. If a single hero ports to a tower to defend vs Lycan or Leshrac they will most likely die, so the enemy team needs to port in in pairs or in threes. This allows your team to safely 4 man push a different tower since they now have 2-3 heroes with no teleport.

You probably don't need to pick 5 push heroes, if you pick a few push heroes and some stunners and semi-carries you will have an amazing team. Getting towers doesn't only mean gold, it means their lanes and jungle is less safe for them to farm in.

Pushing is a good way to win in pub games, most pubs pick stupid hard carry heroes that are good at 30minutes+ in the game and total garbage earlier, so if you finish the game in 20minutes it's going to be a cakewalk.

It's not just that you don't need to pick five push heroes. You shouldn't. Always have a backup plan. If you put all your eggs in the pushing basket, they might counter you by turtling until their carries are farmed. Then you're fucked. Just like there're good pushing heroes, there're also good ANTI-pushing heroes. If you've got good pushers and a carry or two, they can farm while you push. Or, if they're a mid-game carry, they can already be farmed and help defend the pushers against the enemy heroes.

Yeah I'm seeing a couple strong, dedicated pushers on a team win more and more games recently. It's funny how reading those lists of pushers I was often thinking "huh, but they don't have any strong attacks..." - it's taking me some time to mentally transition from the League of Legends thinking that very few abilities actually work on towers. The idea that Leshrac's AoE would hit towers didn't even occur to me until Twig said it.

Wow you guys weren't kidding about lesrac, only my second game with him today, but edict absolutly obliterates tier 1 and 2 towers. I had a great game with him, but it took us 72 minutes to win because our lycan just jungled the whole time, never went to team fights

Anyone else a fan of axe? I recognize he's not widely known as a "good" hero, but he's a whole lot of fun, even if it's hard for him to make a big impact late game. Anyone have any creative item builds or strategies for him besides the usual? I already sometimes try the super agressive battle hunger lane domination style. It's a hell of a lot of fun to chase your opponents back to their tower to dominate the lane because axe can tank so well.

Axe is a very good hero, these days. He wasn't much good, but they recently buffed him. Battle Hunger is now one of the most annoying harassment skills in the game.

I'm no good with him, though. ):

He's really good at pushing because he can just cut lanes. He's never played at a competitive level, but for normal games if you just go past your enemies tower and stand between their T1 and T2 tower and take their wave you'll clear the whole thing super fast and let your wave just keep pushing theirs. I always jugnle him and then after I gank a lane I'll help my team push the tower by clearing the other teams waves.

He is still not a hero you should pick unless one or two things are true.

A. The enemy team is full of people against whom you can quickly farm a blink dagger, max Berserker's Call and blink in and utterly destroy before anyone else shows up.

or

B. You like being the reason your team loses.

Guess which one happens more often? (Other heroes that play by a similar ruleset with minor differences to option B: Sniper, Alchemist. Please do not let success with these heroes dilute your opinion of them, they are bad.)

Also, while buying two stout shields and intercepting the enemy long lane creep wave between T1 and T2 is hilarious, the moment they catch on you die.

Axe is not bad.

Alchemist and Sniper are.

Do not compare them!

Axe is not bad.

Alchemist and Sniper are.

Do not compare them!

Sorry, Axe isn't worth the comp slot.

You're wrong! I've got a friend who consistently does well as Axe. Doesn't matter who we're playing against. it's entirely true that before the recent buff he was one of the worst heroes. Battle Hunger makes him completely viable early game (one of the best harassers, in fact), and his tankiness plus Berserker's Call makes him completely viable mid game. He's a great jungler, and a decent laner if need be. Late game? He does fall off late game, but build a Blademail and a Heart and he's still entirely effective against hard carries. Sure there are heroes that are better than him in each specific capacity, but Axe is a nice package.

It's ridiculous exaggeration to compare him to Alch or Sniper.

Even if the other team knows what you're doing, which they obviously will because you're attacking their creep wave so they see you, all they can do is come and fight you while you're in the middle of one of their waves which is what you want to happen anyways. He's not a top tier pick by any means, but outside of high level competitive play the reason you lose is almost always going to be because of skill level and communication of your team and not because of what hero you chose. Obviously team composition is still important, but any hero can be played successfully.

You're wrong! I've got a friend who consistently does well as Axe. Doesn't matter who we're playing against. it's entirely true that before the recent buff he was one of the worst heroes. Battle Hunger makes him completely viable early game (one of the best harassers, in fact), and his tankiness plus Berserker's Call makes him completely viable mid game. He's a great jungler, and a decent laner if need be. Late game? He does fall off late game, but build a Blademail and a Heart and he's still entirely effective against hard carries. Sure there are heroes that are better than him in each specific capacity, but Axe is a nice package.

It's ridiculous exaggeration to compare him to Alch or Sniper.

There's no way he was buffed with the track record he has when I see people play him in DotA 2. :blink:

(I know he was, but outside of my groups occasional miracle games and that one guy that went 43/2/1 with Axe I've seen exactly zero good Axe players.)