Sean

The Idle Thumbs Lords Management Consortium - Dota 2, LoL, other Lords Managers unite

I never had many problems with Brazilians in LoL, although I'm well aware of the stereotype. Had a couple huehuehues directed at me, but it didn't happen too often.

However, I've had an abundance of problems with Russians in Dota 2 (in NA). "NOOBA NOOBA FUCKIN NOOBA" over the mic. That kinda shit. It's very rare that a Russian isn't a complete dickhead. I've run into a few friendlies, but... only a few. Also, I should mention that these encounters have decreased as time has gone on. Maybe they stopped playing on NA servers. I don't know.

I also haven't run into many (if any?) Brazilians in Dota 2. At the very least, they don't advertise themselves as Brazilian.

dear lord, I just won a 3v5 game, as in our ES never connected and as soon as his 5 minutes were up our Slardar left, but I as a Spectre with a Lesh and PA managed to win after 71 minutes.

http://imgur.com/Rdht1.jpg

The ES and Slar got those levels from us using them to defend the base as we were going for a push to finish it at around the 60 minute mark.

We were attacking their ancient while they were all down and got cocky and tried to kill them all as they spawned and ended up dying when their ancent was literally a couple hits from dead and with our ancient getting pushed back, but we all had buybacks and managed to save the game.

dear lord, I just won a 3v5 game, as in our ES never connected and as soon as his 5 minutes were up our Slardar left, but I as a Spectre with a Lesh and PA managed to win after 71 minutes.

http://imgur.com/Rdht1.jpg

The ES and Slar got those levels from us using them to defend the base as we were going for a push to finish it at around the 60 minute mark.

We were attacking their ancient while they were all down and got cocky and tried to kill them all as they spawned and ended up dying when their ancent was literally a couple hits from dead and with our ancient getting pushed back, but we all had buybacks and managed to save the game.

Christ! That is tremendous.

Phantom Assassin and Spectre are ridiculous in the late game. Dire couldn't have won at any point past 45 minutes in a regular 5v5 but with that extra gold they were screwed from the start.

I just played a game where our Blood Seeker disconnected maybe 10 minutes in and someone on our team just took over and played for him. I couldn't tell who it was though because they micro'd him and whoever they were already playing perfectly.

I also got my second Tidehunter weapon but I feel weird not having an Anchor on him so I don't think I'll equip it ( I have the pirate cutlass and the bone sword thing)

I just played a game where our Blood Seeker disconnected maybe 10 minutes in and someone on our team just took over and played for him. I couldn't tell who it was though because they micro'd him and whoever they were already playing perfectly.

I love the fact that that's possible, but the people who can do it scare the crap out of me.

Still haven't got any items! In fairness I only started playing again yesterday, but every time I see people get items and I don't it breaks my heart again. Do you definitely just randomly "find" them at the end of matches or is it only when you level up with battle points?

You find them randomly, but I read somewhere you are guaranteed one if you level up.

Items are granted every so often for time played. TF2 rolls a die in the background every time you play for 3 hours and successively each hour after that until you get an item, I assume it's similar here. (Though the intervals may have changed since I bothered to learn that when the item drops first came out for TF2, so.)

You find them randomly, but I read somewhere you are guaranteed one if you level up.

Yep, every time you level up you have a 100% chance to get an item at the end of that game.

gwardinen complimenting you on how well you're doing as lycan automatically means your team suddenly starts losing really hard, fact!

gwardinen complimenting you on how well you're doing as lycan automatically means your team suddenly starts losing really hard, fact!

;(

Oh well, at least we won our game. Though we kind of had to drag our team kicking and screaming into finishing it.

Still loving Warlock, despite his effusiveness. Generally speaking I really like the voice clips in Dota 2 and the fact that they're often transmitted to other players and some characters even act as if they're talking to each other, but Warlock will just not stop talking. Literally anything that happens entices him into another soliloquy about his damned grimoire.

Two terrifying combos you can use if you feel like you must win.

Dark Seer/Earthshaker

Warlock/Sandking

I missed the game 'cause I was playing Diablo and then I went to play basketball (and one of the players thought he was a train and tackled me, ow my knee (but it's fine (probably))).

Uh my point is, don't stop asking me. U:

I was in a game tonight that ended almost immedately due to someone leaving, but I think there was a valve employee in there. He had a special tag and all red text. Is that a real thing, or just some weird mod someone was doing to their game client?

Two terrifying combos you can use if you feel like you must win.

Dark Seer/Earthshaker

Warlock/Sandking

I'll also add in Faceless Void and Witchdoctor. Witchdoctor is already the secret greatest support, but imagine his ult combined with voids ult, just on the outside of the AOE? Ownage

I'll also add in Faceless Void and Witchdoctor. Witchdoctor is already the secret greatest support, but imagine his ult combined with voids ult, just on the outside of the AOE? Ownage

You can actually place his ward such that it's inside the bubble while you're unfrozen outside it.

I was in a game tonight that ended almost immedately due to someone leaving, but I think there was a valve employee in there. He had a special tag and all red text. Is that a real thing, or just some weird mod someone was doing to their game client?

People can do that, I've also seen people who place special characters in their Steam names that changes in Dota so that their name shows up as multiple colors instead of what color they are. You could go to you match history and look at his Steam profile though.

I've been trying to do well with characters everyone hates lately, just to prove a point. Phantom Lancer, Batrider, and some others, but I think I end up reinforcing the stereotypes because I'm not very good myself lol.

d how it affected the performance of their game, which should be their main concern.

This doesn't seem like something we'd be flippant about, so I'll double check on this as well. It should be routing to somewhere much more local than that, if it isn't then that's a big concern, thanks for bringing it up.

It's sad to see cultural stereotypes in gaming, but if you think the negativity is bad in NA, Europeans face it much more. So many languages and countries that already have cultural tension that I think it's easier to generalize "__(country)__ is full of douchebags" instead of "That one game we played was full of douchebags" independently. Jerks are jerks, and it's so much easier to classify when it's based on a type of person. Other than splitting servers consistently, it's hard to rectify and make everyone happy-playtime in such a competitive game type. 'Til then it's just damage control on all the hate. If it wasn't language and cultures, it'd be lag, our carry is a nub, and so forth. There's always something to blame...

I've been trying to do well with characters everyone hates lately, just to prove a point. Phantom Lancer, Batrider, and some others, but I think I end up reinforcing the stereotypes because I'm not very good myself lol.

Those are not bad characters.

Try Alchemist!

Phantom lancer is actually a pretty good hero in some situations. You need dust to gank him, and once he gets a vanguard and some agility he is extremely hard to kill and can push down towers really fast.

Batrider is pretty good as well. Most people don't really realize how annoying his tar ability is. Not only does it make you run slower, it also makes your hero turn slower. Batriders main problem is he needs a vanguard and a blink dagger before he is useful, and most likely also a BKB.