toblix

Fez

Also just to clarify, I don't think it was the movie specifically that triggered the hate mongering.

The movie did contribute. A great deal of it is Fish bagging on his former partner, having nothing nice to say about him and dwelling on how he's trying to sabotage Fez at length. The partner's viewpoint is never shared, and at the end it says that he had asked not to participate in the movie. A little while after, he complained through a friend that in fact he had not been asked to participate in the movie. Honestly, it's more the filmmakers' fault for what they claim was an honest misprint in the credits, but many people thought that Fish had pushed or even conspired with Swirsky and Pajotto to peddle a one-sided story of Fez's development that erased the contributions of a person Fish clearly hates now.

Oh it contributed for sure but the Japanese games thing was the trigger. I remember going back to my hotel that night and seeing the sensationalist "articles" on various popular websites and/or blogs "objectively" reporting that Phil Fish told this poor Japanese guy that Japanese games suck. None of them, of course, mentioned the immediate apology and follow-up explanation from all the panelists. Comments filled with accusations of racism, etc. People still call him a racist, though that's probably since been usurped by SJW bullshit.

The movie, among other things, was just fuel.

And yes, I blame the people who made the movie more than I blame Phil for the particular issue you've identified. I don't like that all at all. (I still think the movie is good and has value, though.)

Yeah I remember him saying that at GDC, before I even knew who Phil Fish was. I remember I agreed with him, and while a statement like that can be taken out of context, he wasn't necessarily wrong when he further explained it. Is that what really caused it? 

That's just absurd.

My guess is its more the engagement of trolls than anything, though why those people exist to antagonize him is another mystery.

Anyway, didn't mean to derail the thread about an amazing game, just such a weird situation on both sides of whatever you'd call this.

So, I'm finally playing this for the first time, fairly free of spoilers besides a few hints I've picked up from podcasts and such. I've managed to get every single cube except one little bit hiding in a corner somewhere, and around 20 of the anticubes. I've figured out...

The vibration code on tuning forks and the symbols that correspond to controller inputs, but I'm still having problems with the number system and I doubt I'll even take a shot at the language.

At the moment though, what's really bothering me is that last cube bit. I've looked around the map pretty thoroughly. There are no cube bit symbols left, and the only unexplored rooms are past secrets (which I think only ever have anticubes behind them.) Those three rooms are...

Past the owl statue that turns its head when you rotate the game, past the room with 4 sides of 16 doors, and past the 64 cube door.

Without giving too many details, is the last cube bit behind one of those doors somehow? If not, anyone have any tips on scouring the map? I'd like to say I at least got all the regular cubes without having to resort to help.

I'm pretty sure the regular cubes and cube bits have icons on the map indicating where they are. I don't remember any hidden cube bits. 

I can't find a single cube bit on the map anywhere, that's what's confusing me.

Edit: A 3 second glance at a forum thread indicates I need to get into the room past the owls. I'm not relishing searching the whole map over again. I might just look it up, but it kinda sucks to be so close to finished on my own just to have to look up the last bit.

Yeah, that owl statue thing is an annoying one. I don't remember exactly if there's more to it but mild spoiler about how that works:

There are four collectibles you have to find that aren't indicated on the map and only appear when the level they're on is an a certain day/night state. And you have to interact with it to "get" the collectible.

So yeah you'd have to search the whole map probably to find the solution. I'd recommend just looking this one up to save time.

Yeah, I got two of them so I understand the system, just need to find the other two. On the plus side, apparently there are hints in one of those small rooms with the papers all over the wall. Hopefully that will be enough so I can say I found all 32 regular cubes without needing a full on walkthrough, even if I needed a hint.

Really, I should revisit all those rooms anyway and see if I can find any more anticubes.