toblix

Fez

This is the most amazing game to come out this year. I hope to hear that there might be more games like it to come out. Solving puzzles based on vibration patterns, secret languages, and QR codes? Sign me up!

I'm waiting to jump back into this once a patch gets released. Apparently a lot of the crashes and slow loading times will be fixed which should facilitate better puzzle solving.

Did any fellow Thumbeteers wait a year for the PC version like I did and are enjoying it now? Any thoughts?

While it's a gorgeous looking game with a fantastic soundtrack (Dustforce's stil comes out on top for last year's best though), the platforming is really dull even with the spinning world mechanic. While I'm sure the Polytron folks don't think so, the first, lackluster half of the game feels unnecessary.

Yesssssss what the fuk all you PC cunts should be all over dis shit yo.?.

But seriously! This game is magically. Set five hours aside, buy it, play through it, remember why you love video games.

This game is beautiful and magnificent

Just fucking buy it

I actually promise you, you can't spend a better 10 dollars.

Is there seriously human beings reading this who haven't played this game?

BUY THE FUCKING GAMZe, seriously why are you even here?

Comment above. The game isn't a platformer it's a puzzle game. I AIN'T SEEN NO TURTLEs TO JUp OM AND MauRDER YO

So a played sonic the hedgehog and the played the fez... Doesn't really cut the mustard. Gotta get dem rings yo

shut up

buy fez

who the fuck do you think you are?! Get over yourself already, buy the fucking game

and enjoy!

Now that I think about it Fez can't even begin to compete with Mack and Mick global gladiators, now that was a proper PLTFORM gAM

(Am I actively damaging fez's sales?)

If you are reading this and you don't own fez. Go have a look in the mirror

fuck you

i love you

you seriously haven't bought this game. Who are you?

i was promised a male stripper

I'd say that Mington's finally crazy, but then I noticed he's 6 posts away from 1000 and it's clear he's trying to make that milestone happen today.

Finally?

I should totally do something special for my 1000's!

Maybe I'll post a cock

Roger Sterling sits in front of his C64, the light of the Idle Thumbs BBS bouncing off his face. He looks at his forum post number. It reads '995.' He quietly picks up the tumbler from his desk and sips the whiskey he poured himself just moments ago. "I can do this," he thinks to himself. "It could be a cock."

Something tells me I have to play Fez.

or rather, someone

:) I was in full drunk asshole mode. I really want to revisit this game but I remember I hit a brick wall and didn't have a clue what to do. Where the hell are the other artefacts... What do they even do

How do you get through that door behind the waterfall?

Would probably have bought it now if it was cross-platform. Since I'm currently mostly using Linux I have to like, plan to boot into Windows and do stuff there.

PS. I haven't used it very much yet, but so far Steam for Linux seems like a blessing. Surprisingly many games I want to play have Linux versions.

I've just been looking at a guide and there are three different codes or languages in Fez... I didn't decipher any of them :)

Oh great, thanks to your drunkenness I've been playing Fez today.

I got about 61 cubes without looking anything up, or deciphering any language. They're mostly just good, fun puzzles.

I've justed booted it up to see how many cubes I got and the games crashed on the loading screen :/

That's twice

And three times, guess my save game is fucked, that's hilarious. I'll have to start again from scratch \o/

Oh great, thanks to your drunkenness I've been playing Fez today.

You're welcome ;)

Just finished the normal game and currently working on new game+ to find all cubes. So far I've only figured out the tetris cube code. Not sure if I even need to figure out the other two codes. I dislike the few timed segments, and the black holes are also annoying. Sometimes they actually block me from going forward, so I have to re-enter the scene a couple of times. I wish there was a way to easily jump to any scene.

I've just been looking at a guide and there are three different codes or languages in Fez... I didn't decipher any of them :)

The worst mistake I made was cheating myself out of figuring out the languages. After I looked it up, I realized how close I was...

THIS IS A SERIOUS SPOILER. IT ISN'T A JOKE SPOILER. DON'T LOOK AT IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

Oh look, it's one of those Paul Robertson animated creature loops next to that monolith covered in text. It's a quick red fox jumping over a lazy brown dog. I get jokes. Now, off to find the Rosetta stone for the language.

Yeah I did feel like I was cheating myself just looking at it.

Now that my save is corrupted i'll have to start over anyway (I'm actually secretly glad) I'll start it some time in the summer game drought, maybe I'll play it as a goodbye to this console generation

Just 200%ed the game. I did use a guide to decypher the alphabet, it was too much of a pain to work that stuff out and I needed it for a single puzzle. The numbers thing I needed 2 times I think. It wasn't that difficult to figure it out.

I also messed with my system clock to complete the clock puzzle because I'm not going to wait a serious long time, already waited 30 minutes or so.

Eitherway, I saw both endings :up:

My favorite part was the rythem levels. The red sewer was the worst part.

Started playing today. Listening to the Bombcast last year and that one thumbs cast where Chris talked about Fez has made me really paranoid about looking for hidden stuff.

I've done the QR code one and I think I've found a morse code secret but haven't been able to decode it yet.