riadsala

Sins of a Solar Empire (Trinity/Diplomacy)

Hello, new poster here, joined via the TMA podcast.

I'm looking for a couple of players for a long playing Sins game. I think it would be fun to play out a game over several sessions and write up and epic AAR. I was doing something similar with a 5 player game of Sword to the Stars, but the game has stalled.

I'd be looking for get at least an hour's session in once a week. Three players in total (one per race), and it would be good if the other players were also interested in writing an AAR.

I haven't played mp Sins before, so ideally it would be good to find some other first-timers :)

Riadsala

I might be interested. 'Might' only, because my time is not entirely reliable, and I can't commit to a regular weekly session due to my job, and the campsite that I run with my wife when not doing that.

I do like the game though but the computer continually rinses me by sapping my strength with constant pirate attacks and a massive rush from one of the other races. From this you can probably deduce that I am pretty dire at it, but would be willing to play one-off matches against other humans. This would be slightly more attainable than a long haul game.

I only say this as I have no wish to start something that you are stoked about and then cry off halfway through. Cards on the table and all that :)

Awww man. I unfortunately only have base Sins and Rebellion.

Well, I would certainly be interested in playing, and writing something up. My only concern is that I haven't played Sins in awhile, and even at my best I was never very good at it.

I may be interested, as I've been playing the Rebellion beta the last few weeks, but I've never done a competitive game of Sins. I've only ever done coop ones. UK time would pretty much limit me to the weekends, since I get home from work by the time Europe is asleep.

Sounds like we have enough players then :)

I suggest we attempt to start the game Saturday sometime? 3 or 4 players is probably the max (the more players, the harder it is to find time when everybody is free).

I've always been interested in this game.

How taxing is it on a system? I've held off buying it coz I'm not sure my crappy PC will run it.

I've always been interested in this game.

How taxing is it on a system? I've held off buying it coz I'm not sure my crappy PC will run it.

large-medium maps play ok (with a bit of slowdown when things get epic) on my 2.4Ghz duel core with 2gigs ram.

Cool, what video card you got?

My Core and RAM shouldn't be a problem but, I've got intergrated graphics atm that give me a hard time. Trying to upgrade but, its a Compaq and I'm struggling to both power and fit modern cards into it. It can't even muster enough to power a HD 6570 with a heat sink instead of a fan.

I think I have some version of Sins, which I tried once, but definitely not Trinity :/

I think I have some version of Sins, which I tried once, but definitely not Trinity :/

Shame. I think the two mini-expansions for Sins are two of the best examples of DLC around. Entrenchment offers giant starbases: nuff said. While Diplomacy is a little more subtle, but it improves the AI and adds some interesting mechanics for manipulating the pirates and interacting with other players.

Maybe Scroobs, maybe. Ill need dimensions and power requirements before I consider it tho.

So, I'm right in thinking its basically, Total War/Neptunes Pride?

Map game in space?

Just picked this up on ebay for cheap. Let me know if you start a new campaign, once I've got the basics down, ill give it a go.