Sign in to follow this  
TheLastBaron

YOUR WOLD!

So since Kickstarters are all the rage I thought I'd share this one. I just saw it while browsing the games on the Kicking It Forward site, the description "The best way to describe this MMORPG is think of all the good things in Second life, WoW, Rift, SWTOR all rolled up into one " is what caught me and I instantly knew this game was pure gold. The guy is only asking for 1.1mil which is a bargain! He may have no experience making games, but as he states "I have been a gamer for over 30 years. I have played everything from Pong to all the current MMORPG games." so hes basically a seasoned vet in the gaming world.

It's also worth checking out this guys website, http://www.yourworldinc.com/ where you can read his twitter feed with insightfull posts about the game such as "'Home Alone' Actor Dies in Santa Monica http://t.co/GQvpP5Qz" which was posted 12 hours ago and links to a story from last July. There are other gems such as "go to my kickstarter page and donate $1 and spread the word. I need to raise $1.1m in the next 30 days. I like to get there $1 @ a time."

It's worth noting that of the ~$20,800 pledged there are two $10,000 pledges, which I would assume is the actual guy or someone close to him.

Patrick Klepek was talking about this on the last Bombcast, all the backer comments on the kickstarter page are just people trolling the guy, it's hilarious.

It's worth noting that of the ~$20,800 pledged there are two $10,000 pledges, which I would assume is the actual guy or someone close to him.

Or two guys who are confident that this has a snow ball's chance of successfully getting funded, and are doing it to troll him by feigning interest.

I feel like this is an elaborate troll.

Or two guys who are confident that this has a snow ball's chance of successfully getting funded, and are doing it to troll him by feigning interest.

That's actually a good point and probably true.

Patrick Klepek was talking about this on the last Bombcast, all the backer comments on the kickstarter page are just people trolling the guy, it's hilarious.

I had a look through the comments after listening to that Bombcast. The poor guy just doesn't get it.

I find great joy in observing fools at their forges.

He's apparently going to have a live streamed Q&A on the 14th, I am sure it will be highly entertaining.

"Do not expect a horse to fly; however, a horse with wings can indeed fly"

"Mounts will have successive levels to speed. For example, a car will be faster than a horse, and a dragon will fly faster than a winged horse."

"I am an idea man"

After thinking on it, I'm still not convinced one way or the other whether it's a troll.

After thinking on it, I'm still not convinced one way or the other whether it's a troll.

The Kickstarter goal points me towards "troll" but I really don't know. He might actually believe what he's saying.

"Not only will there be hookerbots and me and a few others have come up with some great ideas about them. ;-) You all are going to love it. There are going to be Lady and Gentleman's clubs as well. Let your minds think on that as well."

"Not only will there be hookerbots and me and a few others have come up with some great ideas about them. ;-) You all are going to love it. There are going to be Lady and Gentleman's clubs as well. Let your minds think on that as well."

nicolas-cage-blonde-hair.jpg

Now anytime I read this dude's comments its going to be in a Nic Cage voice.

Con Air Nic Cage or crazy Nic Cage?

Also semi-related fun fact, apparently there is some kind of thing about Nicholas Cage being a vampire from the Civil War. What.

Now anytime I read this dude's comments its going to be in a Nic Cage voice.

This didn't just make me laugh out loud, it made me giggle for over a minute straight. I don't giggle.

I feel like this is an elaborate troll.

It's for real, though the guy behind it has $46M dollars already, which he's using to build some kind of wiccan centre.

If the game were to actually get built, I have a feeling it would be like a WoW version of the

, but with that bleak, empty spread out feeling of Second Life.