Now that Idle Thumbs, and soon, the web site, is more of a big thing with people dedicated to it, I hope there will be some more video contents in the future, or that the new site at least gets an architecture that will support that well. I get the impression being on camera whilst doing your thing may not be the greatest wish of those involved, but I quite like seeing the occasional face in a video, and there has been some good video stuff up through the years. It would be a shame if you couldn't post a hilarious nonsensical video reportage from some games convention because you hadn't thought of it and it would corrupt the database adapters. I guess there's Youtube, though, so never mind this post.

I love video content, and I loved the Kickstarter intro/finale videos, but personally I'm way more likely to consume audio content than video content. I believe on the 3MA with the dudes on it, Sean made a point about how you develop a more personal connection to listening to guys as opposed to watching them. I think Idle Thumbs would feel less cohesive and personal if it ever went in another direction. I wouldn't want that to go away.

Oh no, I definitely am not suggesting they change their format and make it a video cast or anything. As an example off the top my head, there was this thing in RE5 where (I think it was) Chris played online and met this guy who had basically a giant robot tank on his back and just laid waste to all the enemies. I think there was a video of this, and it would be cool if stuff like that had a formalized place on the site, not just a random Youtube links.

Oh no, I definitely am not suggesting they change their format and make it a video cast or anything. As an example off the top my head, there was this thing in RE5 where (I think it was) Chris played online and met this guy who had basically a giant robot tank on his back and just laid waste to all the enemies. I think there was a video of this, and it would be cool if stuff like that had a formalized place on the site, not just a random Youtube links.

That I can get behind.

I want animated videos of Chris, Jake, Vanaman, Nick, and Steve only.

When you say Steve only, do you mean like Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Cool World where Steve is real but has to interact with cartoons of everyone else. I would vote for that.

I like the idea.

As long as it is in mono.

I demand stereo videos. I want to cross my eyes the entire time I watch them.

I demand stereo videos. I want to cross my eyes the entire time I watch them.

It's a sailboat.

When you say Steve only, do you mean like Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Cool World where Steve is real but has to interact with cartoons of everyone else. I would vote for that.

Haha that's just my bad grammar. Actually now that you mention it, I must say that that is an amazing idea.

Idle Thumbs in 3D.

It's going to be 4D -- Chris Remo

Judge Doom scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid.

When his voice starts to get really high and he's talking about how he looked when he killed Eddie's brother, I'm pretty sure my little boy briefs were full.

It's a sailboat.

It's a schooner! (Actually, it was just some random geometric shapes)

Jake seems (hilariously) uncomfortable on camera. Both in the Kickstarter livestream and the Walking Dead interview I watched.

Can't blame him. Video makes everyone self-conscious, even just Skyping with friends.

Can't blame him. Video makes everyone self-conscious, even just Skyping with friends.

I'm still freaked out by the rise of voice chat in games. I get all weird and quiet. Fuck adding video on top of that.

Also, I'm transcribing an interview, and listening to my own stupid voice is AGONY. I don't know how these guys deal with it.

I'm still freaked out by the rise of voice chat in games. I get all weird and quiet. Fuck adding video on top of that.

Also, I'm transcribing an interview, and listening to my own stupid voice is AGONY. I don't know how these guys deal with it.

Because they have sexy voices.

Jake seems (hilariously) uncomfortable on camera. Both in the Kickstarter livestream and the Walking Dead interview I watched.

I absolutely hate being on video. I'm already enough of a fidgety weirdo in normal situations and having a camera stuck in my face is fully destructive of whatever natural looking tendencies I have left. Barf.

I absolutely hate being on video. I'm already enough of a fidgety weirdo in normal situations and having a camera stuck in my face is fully destructive of whatever natural looking tendencies I have left. Barf.

Jake has managed to fidget his way out of all on-camera Walking Dead press commitments, which is a pretty incredible feat.

Jake has managed to fidget his way out of all on-camera Walking Dead press commitments, which is a pretty incredible feat.

This is the worst.

Also, it saddens me. I love Jake on camera. I'll love him on camera.

You are actually in the Truman show.