elmuerte

Leisure Suit Larry in "gimme your money"

Does it matter Tanukutsune? You play pretty much every Steam game anyway.

I own a ridiculous amount of indie games, thanks to all the indie bundles, but that's about it.

Dang, how dated? Does it feel like playing an old Siera game with better graphics?

Yep, that's exactly how it plays. I think it's good for fans of Sierra games. It's really nice playing a Sierra game without all of the dead ends, and deaths just take you back to right before you died. The music and art are also nice and almost everything in the game feels like it has some kind of joke when you interact with it.

That said, it's still a remake of an adventure game from the 80s so it also feels dated and I would have a hard time recommending it to someone new to the genre.

Isn't that how many Sierra games played in their later days? I mean the taking away the dead ends part.

I just blew through Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded tonight.

I realize that as someone who was a pre-teen boy when this game first came out and is now close to 40 I am the target demographic for this game.

The game keeps throwing puns at you and I laughed (or at least rolled my eyes) at a lot of them.  The voice acting and animation is fun, though they declined to animate Larry peeing on every object the game lets you use the "zipper" command on.

Anyway, this game is exactly as dumb as I expected and I had fun.