twmac

Dragon's Dogma

Wow, what the hell? I had no idea there were actually some interesting quests in this game. I was expecting cool combat and exploration with some daft fetch quests draped over top, but my last few quests have been...

Saving Selene from the angry mob - initiated by overhearing a conversation in town (just like Oblivion! :fart: ). I guess she lives at my house now? I need some nicer digs, her treehut was way cooler.

Stealing into the Duchess' chambers by dark of night and then saving her from her nutso husband, only for her to throw me in the dungeon!  :blink: 

Gathering evidence for the trial against Fournival. I saw somewhere that he has some rare items if you prove him innocent, but he seems pretty damned guilty so I'm just gonna let that run its course.

Intrigue!

Fought my first golem recently. That was so much fun. Leveraged a lot of interesting abilities to take the thing down.

Yeah, I'm playing the second tier melee character. Chimeras are chumps for me.

The Knight-Enchanter or whatever it's called? Shield and spell? Or Warrior.

So far I've found the pawn AI to be a bit weak, and so for my group to be most effective I need to place myself as the primary source of crowd control, which pretty much means sword & board. Warrior attacks, while exceedingly powerful, were just a bit too slow to wrangle a group of enemies. I've maxed the base Fighter class though and so moved on to the magical fighter to experiment. So far I've found the staff skills to kind of stink (because they're too slow and so poor at melee range), but the shield skills have potential.

Chimeras aren't super hard though. Jump on their butt and take out the snake tail first, then go after the other heads. I haven't found Gryphons to be terribly difficult either, though it's a bit of a waiting game until they land and you can jump on their back to attack their wings.

Straight up warrior right now. I wasn't a fan of the slow attacks at first, but I've gotten better with them and I can really put a hurting on groups of enemies. The difficulty of the griffin was not having a lot of ways to bring it down, and the fact that the lightning swoop would one-hit everyone in the way except myself, but it still took away over 50% of my life. I actually ran out of stamina items for the first time, since once I grabbed on I was churning through them just trying to hold on and do the most damage possible. It wasn't hard per se, just long and annoying.

For the Gryphon I just kept my eye on what it was doing, and made sure I wasn't in its flight path when it dove. I never used any skills, just ran around. My pawns got pretty beat up though. I found myself wishing I had an archer in the group to bring it down faster. I mostly just waited for a few minutes until it landed, then charged over and hacked its wings off.

This game has gotten into a habit of crashing on loading transitions for me. The first couple of times didn't bother me since I literally stepped inside the forest, did a couple of things, then stepped out. This time it crashed as I was entering the capital after killing my second griffin and actually getting a real reward in pinions and such. The first thing that can kill a "save anywhere" game for me is having to save every few minutes because I'm worried about it crashing.

Mystic Knight is so good. Seems kind of weak for the first couple ranks, but then you get the hang of pulling perfect blocks with an enchantment on, and zooming around Sky Dancing motherfuckers all over the place, and laying energy traps which send enemies flying into the air so you can Sky Dance them more, and buffing your entire party with weapon enchantments and and and

So much fun.~~  ^_^

Edit: Sky Dance, not Lunge. :v