ysbreker

What does your view look like?

I am boycotting all horizontally scrolling threads :tdown:

I'm looking forward to the forum upgrade so eagerly for exactly this reason.

Ysbreker, why is your front door six stories up? Is there a deathlike plummet down when you step out?

Also, which city of this! I was trying to locate something familiar but it could be anywhere in the Randstad, basically.

It's 8 stories up actually :) And it's Haarlem. You can see the Church where bach once played in the front door picture. And if you look closely you can spot the dome shaped prison, called "de koepel" too.

If you look really close to the left of the balcony picture you can spot one of the traffic towers of Schiphol airport.

But enough about my view, forum. Show us yours!

You're right, now I see the Koepel! I always pass it by in the bus when I'm in Haarlem. Haarlem is the best city in the land. I'd love to live there.

Not very inspiring:

jOFvhpkpVeMKr.jpg

The tree can look quite nice at dusk, though:

jrbiVwkGqWbKk.jpg

Then again, I suppose most things can.

(I apologize for the shitty quality of the photos, incidentally. It's 20% phone camera and 80% awful cameraman.)

View from my new apartment's office room (sorry for the HDR bullshit, but I couldn't get a good single exposure)attachment.php?attachmentid=824&stc=1&d=1335182489

post-74-13375603578868_thumb.jpg

Now everything is green and I guess my view in the other direction has a bit of everything: some abandoned building site, a car repair shop, a bit of a forest, some houses, a tiny strip of a lake and an even tinier strip of the sea. The only thing that's missing is the skyline of the Olympus Mons.presunset.jpg

gcpn0e0ewu0z_t.jpg

That's the view out of the window that's right next to me right now. Looks out into my backyard, nothing fancy.

post-5969-0-71515800-1338166694_thumb.jp

View from the Idle Thumbs office, sabotaged by unavoidable glare of sun!

Scrobbs, that's a hell of a view!

IdleT office not bad either.

LpJ2n.jpg

Featuring screen, which we have never taken down because of a wasp nest.

That road going past heads to the hospital, so we get ambulances at all hours of the day. One time a fire truck got stuck in our driveway at 2AM and the light show from the strobes, plus their frantic attempts to unstick it, kept us up until dawn.

I would just like to say that I almost dropped my phone out my eighth-storey window a moment ago taking a photo for this thread. Pics later! :(

Splendid! I would love to live next to water — the sound of it totally soothes me.

Here's mine, not the greatest of city views but because my entire wall is pretty much a gigantic window it still looks really nice at night when everything's lit up. :tup:

apartment-view.jpg

What the...? Is that the Daily Planet globe? Do you live in Metropolis?

under-the-sea-san-antonio.jpg

Since we're all bending the rules here: this is not technically my view (tho I hope my garden looks like that sometime soon; it is well on its way) but it is a grassland which has been returned to nature some five minutes from my house. It is surprisingly under-the-sea-looking this time of year.

What the...? Is that the Daily Planet globe? Do you live in Metropolis?

Hahaha :)

That is Oceana. It used to be The Palais. It is basically the biggest, least classy nightclub in Nottingham.

The roof in the foreground is the building GameCity have their offices in, where I sometimes work. At those times, my view is the front of Thrik's building. At other times, it's this:

Wsl3Q.jpg

Nice and open, but not a patch on Scrobbs' :)

Damn... I really need to upgrade my view. Luckily, that's going to happen in October.