Sign in to follow this  
elmuerte

Legend of Grimrock

http://www.grimrock.net/

Legend of Grimrock is a modern old-skool dungeon crawler. So, you move over a grid, but the rest is in real time. It looks a lot like Stonekeep.

It doesn't look like it's heavy on the story, but seems interesting nonetheless.

It will be out in 2 weeks and can be bought from GoG.com, or Steam (or from them directly for a steam key).

Weird, I thought we had a thread about this, but seems not.

Yeah I've been following this project. From the bunch of old Remedy developers who made a new company.

This might be really good, I'm looking for a Steam purchase most likely.

Looks sweet. I was a little late to the party so i never got to play these games back in the day. I was a huge fan of Wizardry 8, and the promise of highly tactical combat gets me all aquiver.

Since buying it direct will get a Steam key, do the developers loose any/much income if i just bought it straight from Steam?

Since buying it direct will get a Steam key, do the developers loose any/much income if i just bought it straight from Steam?

You can assume Steam will take about 30%. The exact details are not known (due to NDA) and they can change per game/publisher. But the usual cut by various retailers is 30%.

I don't know if buying directly from them for a Steam key gives them more money.

What do I get if I pre-order directly from this site?

You get a Steam activation code so that you can play Legend of Grimrock with Steam achievements and community features. By directly buying from us, you support the development of Legend of Grimrock and our future titles! You also get the pre-order bonus goodies pack.

(empfhasis mine)

I just bought it direct from them (it's handled by Humble Bundle) and you get the steam key right away (so you just have to wait untill the 11th). Also as pre-order bonus you get the same stuff and you get on gog.com.

So, it's best to buy it via "them" directly or via gog.com.

Cool, i'll get it from the dev's then. Valve have seen enouhg of my monies:)

I've just realised these are the guys who were collecting all the karama recently for making the UI more accessable to disabled gamers.

Alright, I better not be a jackass. I'll support my countrymen and also get it directly from the devs.

Wow this looks awesome, I don't know that I'll have time to play it much in the near future as I'm trying to work through my considerable backlog, but that won't stop me from picking it up.

Pre-ordered it today from their site after seeing it mentioned so much on shacknews. It's been so long since I've played something like Dungeon Master so I'm pretty excited about it.

huh, so it's a Wizardry-descendant with semi-real time elements? Screenshots did NOTHING to tell me that and I was kind of writing it off until I saw the trailer.

I was previously kind of down on this, just 'cause no first-person dungeon-crawler since Etrian Odyssey can ever fully appease my appetite unless it has built-in map-drawing... but then I watched the trailer and my brain said "fuck your appetite" and some time later I found I had spent money and now I guess I'm waiting for it to be released.

I'd play that. For some reason I thought this was going to be an iPad game, but I guess I'm wrong. Or is it both for PC and iPad?

RPS have their Wot I Think up.

But overwhelmingly it’s a superb experience, characters levelling up at a perfect rate, agonising choices about which skill to improve becoming like knife wounds when you struggle to find the right type of weapon – the game is so cleverly sparing in its distribution of everything, so something as simple as finding a mace can feel like a mad victory.

Whoop, I've just got Dragon Age in the post, but i'm thinking this may overshadow it :D The even mentioned that the combat and puzzles are nice and tough.

Just picked this up, really excited to give it a whirl. I wasn't around for the games that inspired it, but I love the methodical looking game play.

come to think of it i have played a game with at least a similar movement mechanic in SMT: Strange Journey, though I didn't get very far into that.

Edit: okay maybe not methodical, I don't know why I thought the game was turn based, still excited for it though!