Roderick

Three Moves Ahead joins Idle Thumbs

Man, this podcast is pure gold. I'm going to be listening to a lot of it. Only 154153 episodes to go.

Edited by Erkki

Hmm, somehow miscalculated before. I've listened to 7810121822 episodes now, but still have 154153151144141 to go. They've all been great so far! :tup: Wish I'd listened to it earlier.

Edited by Erkki

I've run out of WTFs to listen to at work, so now I'm downloading all of the 3MA podcasts.

I find that the first time listening to a new podcast is equal parts frightening and erotic.

:eyebrow:

I find that the first time listening to a new podcast is equal parts frightening and erotic.

Wait, what?

For shammack it's one part frightening and three parts erotic.

I'm super excited about IT teaming up with 3MA. It should be a great team and will help 3MA get the exposure that it deserves.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. We're very happy to be a part of the new whatever this is.

When Sean asked for sample podcasts to highlight it was not easy, since the show has changed quite a bit in its run. We elected to stick with shows that reflect a lot of what we are now, though I am very proud of many of the theme shows we did in our first year: Religion, Strategy Gender Gap (Lara and Jenn have each returned many times since), The Snowball Effect in strategy game design... As a show we like to pick one topic (maybe two) and stick with them, and this is what we thinks set us apart in the early going. That will not change.

Anyway, there is a mostly up to date list on my blog at the moment, but it's kind of hideous, so anything the Idle Thumbs team to make it look less like a list and more like a piece of magic, the better. We're looking forward to having a proper forum where our listeners can plan MP games, talk about stuff they've discovered and remind us how stupid we can all be.

I listened to the Religion episode a couple days ago and I am throwing down my endorsement on this podcast based on it alone. It wasn't what I was expecting at all from the subject matter (though it did eventually get to it a bit in the later portion; just wasn't the focus thankfully), was real good food for thought. It wasn't all that hard to extrapolate what was said to fit other genres of games too.

Let me jump into the "Religion episode is great" pile.

This show has bascially been the soundtrack to my morning commute since the announcement.

The Religion show is a little tough for me to listen to - it's a great show, and it was a topic that I suggested, but I couldn't be on it because I had to rush home to New Brunswick to deal with a death in the family.

But when I did listen that first time, it marked the point where I think 3MA became bigger than just my idea. (I'd missed a show before, but only one. Many since because of my new job.) It was the show that established that strategy games and all games with the right panel can be talked about with a maturity and civility.

And then the next week we can call each other idiots and make fun of developers and gamers alike.

It's a special show. Glad you all appreciate what Bruce, Julian and Tom did there. I've been blessed by collaborators.