Sign in to follow this  
twmac

Welcome, three moves ahead

So it looks like Idle Thumbs and Three moves ahead are teaming up.

I have to say that since I rarely play strategy games I don't tend to listen to their podcast much but I make an effort because I like Rob Zachny and Julian Murdoch (who also appear on the gamers with jobs podcast). Good to see that the money is going towards these guys as they do make a genuine dent on my indifference towards RTS and the like. I almost started playing Men of War because of them.

Exciting news, being an occasional listener.

Hopefully they now can afford to bribe Tom Chick into more frequent appearances.

Three thumbs ahead!

Twmac, you made me double-post this thiiiiiing because you didn't put it in the right forum. So here's my post and then a nice admin can move this topic and delete mine!

--

So, I just read the press release at the front of the site about Three Moves Ahead becoming part of the 'Idle Thumbs family' and I'm entirely happy about that. 3MA is the only other podcast I regularly listen to, as it's filled with deep insights into strategy gaming. I might not play those games a lot myself, but it's such fun listening to it.

:tup:

Would anyone like a coffee?

(Unless that doesn't make it obvious, this is pretty great from my perspective.)

They need to get the Longbow guy(s) on to talk about Rome. They aren't saying enough for my liking. ;(

Sorry Rodi, was trying figure out where it should go and went with idle banter. If it is more suitable for the casts section then I am sure the helpful admin will move it there.

I find it quite funny that there are other people like me who will listen to podcasts on topics they have almost no interest in just because the people talking about it are saying interesting things. I thought I was weird but if it is weird then at least I am not alone.

We are only a few days away from the end of the kickstarter and I think that the guys have done a good job of trickling the info to the readers and keeping the frothing anticipation rising.

Seems like a most excellent fit! Congratulations to the crew of both casts. :tup:

Hey, just made my account as I begin to move in. Wanted to say hi, and thanks for the warm welcome. I'm really glad there are so many Thumbs listeners who dig what we do over at 3MA. I promise we'll continue to be awesome, and so niche we're almost impossible to understand at times.

As a guy who sucks at all things strategy, I have always enjoyed hearing you guys on the GWJ cast, so I'm glad to see you here! I may need to check out some 3MA. Any suggested starting points?

As a guy who sucks at all things strategy, I have always enjoyed hearing you guys on the GWJ cast, so I'm glad to see you here! I may need to check out some 3MA. Any suggested starting points?

"The Starcraft Episode with Chris Remo, featuring Chris Remo, Starcraft and others" is a good one. *Note: this may not be the actual episode title*

Also, the Alpha Centauri podcast really made me want to buy Alpha Centauri. Damn my broke ass.

Isn't Alpha Centauri like $6 on Gog? I bought it the day it came out because I was super into it in junior high school. Apparently all my strategy skills have evaporated since then though, because now I can barely make it three turns.

Isn't Alpha Centauri like $6 on Gog? I bought it the day it came out because I was super into it in junior high school. Apparently all my strategy skills have evaporated since then though, because now I can barely make it three turns.

It is! But I really have like 0 money right now. Need to wait til money comes in before I think about it :P

Fuckin' mindworms man. The bane of all things.

Up until you get those walkabout gun mounts that I forget the name of. Pszorch!