Sign in to follow this  
Gwardinen

Giant Bomb Joins GameSpot

Maybe I haven't been paying attention but I thought IGN and Gamespot were owned by Murdoch.

Also, today I learned that ZDNet stands for Ziff Davis Network

Gamespy and IGN are in the same corporate family, not Gamespot.

That's probably your point of confusion.

I go away for a week and the world turns upside down.

Hope GB fairs well in this...

I haven't really followed John Davison since the entire "What They Play," thing happened, but he was cool enough back in the 1up/EGM days so I doubt that this will be going to be terrible. Also, GiantBomb + Money probably == more terrible effects on every single thing they produce, so that sounds perfect.

Also I love the comment that Jeff made during the video that the statement about Kane and Lynch wasn't, "entirely wrong" but also wasn't exactly right. Congrats to the internet for basically having the majority of the story out there and correct as it happened.

Also, GiantBomb + Money probably == more terrible effects on every single thing they produce, so that sounds perfect.

We can only hope that they use this money to allow them to simultaneously chroma key in miniaturized versions of the staff from multiple sources instead of just one or two, that they can put badly airbrushed star glow effects over all footage, etc.

I'm not too thrilled with all of the sites getting bought but I suppose that if Gerstmann and crew somehow get screwed over again, they can always leave and create another site. John Davison seems like an ok guy that will try to prevent that from happening though.

They were quick to point out that they now have access to a giant green screen.

We can only hope that they use this money to allow them to simultaneously chroma key in miniaturized versions of the staff from multiple sources instead of just one or two, that they can put badly airbrushed star glow effects over all footage, etc.

it is your duty as a video games journalist to hit up patrick klepek for the hottest scoops on all of their new royalty-free music and video compositing hardware at the molyjam

the internet demands it

the internet demands it

We do?

I seem to remember a very awesome Giant Bomb video involving Mr. Chris Remo singing Space Asshole. I am sure that since they have a budge now this could be done in space, or at least something that looks nothing like it.

Why can't we just have websites, why do they have to be part of some stupid collective media bullshit? Do you remember that, when gaming blog sites weren't all owned by some conglomerate shit?

And the actual content of each article is usually fucking awful. It's all shitty link-bait to generate as many views as possible. I find myself only visiting Kotaku for Tim Rodgers articles, cos he's a good read, but having to do it on their awful website where nothing actually works is such a pain.

We do?

acting in my duty as chief internet officer of the internet, llc, and speaking on behalf of the internet, yes.

I seem to remember a very awesome Giant Bomb video involving Mr. Chris Remo singing Space Asshole. I am sure that since they have a budge now this could be done in space, or at least something that looks nothing like it.

they spent the first eleven minutes of their podcast this week messing around with the sound boards and cough buttons in their new podcast studio. I'm sure they're already loading up the terrible outer-space stock graphics.

We do?

This was during one of their conference casts. I believe it also features Sesslers of the Adam variety and one Jake Rodkin.

This was during one of their conference casts. I believe it also features Sesslers of the Adam variety and one Jake Rodkin.

There is also the rare speckled Vanaman.