Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Tintin

I was reading through my old Tintin comics a week ago, and I remembered how damn awesome that guy is. I grew up on Tintin (and adventure games and lego and scalelectrixs [sp]).

But it struck me, when I was reading through them again, that although Tintin is a likable character... He has, like, a dog, and Captain Haddock. He has no family or love life or anything. The closest he ever got to a love life was with that little Short Round kid from Prisoners of the Sun. He doesn't even have an apartment. His job is apparently as a reporter, but we never see his workplace or anything. So how come he's such a likable character when we know so little about him?

Anyway, there aren't enough threads on the internet about Tintin. Now there's one more.

I always liked Captain Haddock. He has wonderful chemistry with the Opera lady, whose name I have conviniently forgotten. :naughty:

As for Tintin, even though we do know so little about him, I've always felt the stories were written in a way such that we don't notice that. He's always straight into the action.

On a random note, for a long time, I thought Tintin was a wee lad like myself - 13-14 years old. And I couldn't believe that 13 year-old Tintin would do the kinds of things that Tintin did - what with going to the moon, handling AK-47s, etc. :hmph: Only later did I realize that he was actually quite a bit older, though not by much. :hah:

Aye, Tintin is very young-looking. I think it was in Land of the Black Gold... when Tintin dresses as a young boy to get to sneak in to the bad guys' house... I didn't realize it was Tintin in disguise for ages. I thought it was a 12 year old kid or something.

He's also very short, which makes him look a lot younger. I always thought his height was cool, though. I don't know. I don't imagine Tintin being tall, or even average height. It was better for sneaking about. And it also subconciously made us think of Tintin as the brave defender of the underdog or something. Like in, uh... Prisoners of the Sun, when those big guys are kicking that Short Round kid about... Tintin stands RIGHT in front of them, and is about half their height. It wouldn't have been as cool, or looked as brave, if Tintin was taller, or even looked older.

But it struck me, when I was reading through them again, that although Tintin is a likable character... He has, like, a dog, and Captain Haddock. He has no family or love life or anything.

No wonder he's got no love life: he always wears the same clothes!

--Erwin

Maybe she died and that's why he's devoted himself to a life of crime fighting? :erm:

Like Stevan.

EDIT: Ah, new post. No no, Tintin ain't that deep. And besides, Tintin doesn't fight crime. He just accidently gets himself caught up in fiercely thickening plots. Like all the best heroes do.

I think that sexually, Tintin is a little confused.

Like Stevan.

Like Stevan.

EDIT: Ah, new post. No no, Tintin ain't that deep. And besides, Tintin doesn't fight crime. He just accidently gets himself caught up in fiercely thickening plots. Like all the best heroes do.

I think that sexually, Tintin is a little confused.

Like Stevan.

You know, darling, I can only take so much crap per unit of time per person before I start biting and spewing bile.

Sorry. Twice in one unit was a bit much.

Aw, why do you apologize? I've never seen Kingz spit bile before, and I'm quite interested in how that would go.

Or, wait... There was this one thing were a few things with a certain Stinger, though... I'd better shut up now before I'll get a bad review of Bad Timing when it comes out. Damn, being a developer brings so much unwanted responsibilities. I'll never be able to call Marek a doodiehead when I want to. :hmph:

Oh dear... Sorry for ranting.

--Erwin

Nah, trash Stinger if you really want to, I'll review your game if you want an objective review (not that I'm suggesting Evan, or any AGers staffer, would ever give you anything but an objective review). It is still an 'Underground' game, right, not commercial?

Nah, trash Stinger if you really want to, I'll review your game if you want an objective review (not that I'm suggesting Evan, or any AGers staffer, would ever give you anything but an objective review). It is still an 'Underground' game, right, not commercial?

Because it will only be available on CD, it's commercial.

I know, I know, you didn't ask ME anything. :finger:

Off Topic... Deadworm, when did I ever say "em em em em em em em em" as quoted in your signature? I am curious as to what it was in reference to...

ShatteredSponge just shamelessly 'raped and defiled' my former childhood hero.

meantintin.gif

Fuck him. AND Tintin.

Apparently 'Tintin in the Congo' showed a far more brutal and racist Tintin. Indeed... And 'Tintin in the Land of the Soviets' was blatant propaganda.

I really want those books now.

Off Topic... Deadworm, when did I ever say "em em em em em em em em" as quoted in your signature? I am curious as to what it was in reference to...

OK, OK, I wasn't going to explain my logic.

And I still won't.

Dont ask too many questions. You know don't want to. Just be glad your name and a quote from you (though the quote might be a bit off, but it's hard to keep track of what you say) are in my sig! CONSTANTLY! FOREVER! - Or at least until you disappear from these forums.

Faith is all it takes, belief that it is a quote by you. And on the other hand, don't you want those extra proteins?

P.S. Just in case you are wondering, I'm not being mean.

tintin = tim & struppi in german. sexy, huh? :naughty:

i never read a comic or saw a movie. i preferred asterix. because of the senseless violence.

but where does this tintin come from? i mean: tin. tin. that's stupid. that's somewhat english. english is stupid. tim & struppi makes more sense. although the name is stupid too.

Hey, Mr Germany! Guess what? SHUT UP! We saved your ass in the war!!!

...Oh, wait...

Tintin was drawn by a Belgianium artist, so I assume he was Belgian.