subbes

Live Penguin Cam

Sea World is a disgusting place, I feel horrible at the end of every trip there. I don't endorse this no matter how cute the penguins. I much prefer the aquarium at Moody Gardens in Galveston.

SeaWorld San Diego.

They just pulled out the snow hose to refresh the snow and now the pings are playing happily.

The panguins are cute, but not enough Jim Carrey.

On a related note, does Mozilla still have that web cam set up with the baby red pandas, who I guess at this point might not be babies anymore?

Sea World is a disgusting place, I feel horrible at the end of every trip there. I don't endorse this no matter how cute the penguins. I much prefer the aquarium at Moody Gardens in Galveston.

Having finished high school in Galveston, I can tell you that Moody Gardens is not all that awesome... It's a carefully engineered scam for leeching off the public teat. They are a national park or whatever on one hand, they get school kids to come and clean up the LoneStar cans and golf balls out of the marshes around the resort as community service, get all kinds of tax breaks as such—but then they're a fancy golf course and a hotel-resort with an electrified fence and a KEEP OUT, FILTH sign on the gates.

But at about 9AM pacific time, someone comes 'round with a snow hose to refresh the snow in the ping enclosure! The pings love it!

SNOW HOSE YOU GUYS

Having finished high school in Galveston, I can tell you that Moody Gardens is not all that awesome... It's a carefully engineered scam for leeching off the public teat. They are a national park or whatever on one hand, they get school kids to come and clean up the LoneStar cans and golf balls out of the marshes around the resort as community service, get all kinds of tax breaks as such—but then they're a fancy golf course and a hotel-resort with an electrified fence and a KEEP OUT, FILTH sign on the gates.

Yeah, I figured as much. I should have said as far as where you can sit and watch penguins, Moody Gardens isn't anywhere near as sleazy as Sea World. I have to make a trip to watch them every time I go to Galvestion, embarassingly enough. ;(

I wonder if anybody asked the penguins if they prefer to stay in a warmer habitat.

This feels unreal, like a looping Flash animation.

Every time an Emperor wanders into view surrounded by Macaronis I wig out a little. They're so large.

But at about 9AM pacific time, someone comes 'round with a snow hose to refresh the snow in the ping enclosure! The pings love it!

SNOW HOSE YOU GUYS

Who knew penguins were so entertaining? Other animals could learn a thing or two.

I'm 95% sure the audio is fake - they are having problems with the mic freezing over, so it makes sense their feeding in prerecorded sounds even though it bugs me.

It's quite annoying, especially when you hear the woman coming by and going "Hiiiiiiiii" at the pings for the fourth time and realise OMG I've been watching pingcam for most of the day.

My girlfriend nearly reduced me tears by doing a Big Brother style voice over while were watching.

Day four in the penguin enclosure...

I know it's a perfect "THAT FEEL" but I prefer to think of it as "I dunno, I'm just sad I guess."

"It's been years since I've seen my penis".

TMI, ThunderPeel.