Sign in to follow this  
Donk

Broken forum icons

I'm getting lots of broken images for forum icons, like quoted posts, view post... just me?

Not just you. It's been an issue for over a year and I just assume it's because tabacco got drunk and randomly rm'ed a bunch of files.

Not just you. It's been an issue for over a year and I just assume it's because tabacco got drunk and randomly rm'ed a bunch of files.

I think it's been an issue for about five years, to be honest. There was a whole spate where we didn't even have our Thumbs (:tup::tmeh::tdown:). That took some nagging to get fixed!

I'd recommend using Firefox, because they way you don't see any ugly "missing picture" icons.

We lost the "YouTube" icon and the who wrote which forum tags in the last upgrade, I believe.

All that kickstarter money means they can afford NEW icons! Animated ones! It'll be like a callback to the angelfire days!

There should be support for embedded midi files too.

If the forums are getting a polish, should we make this the thread for actual suggestions and requests?

Like, I'd love the quick-search box up top to automatically display as posts rather than threads, or at least have a toggle.

Also, there are little niggles with one of the 'first unread' buttons and the sticky threads...

Sorry if these are things you don't want brought up, or this is not the best way. (Did there used to be a whole board for this type stuff or am I imagining it?)

That's one hell of a compilation. I appreciate it.

A while back I was briefly into bombarding my friends with terrible animated GIFs in IM conversations. Lots of flames and rotating skulls and flapping American flags and so on. I'd probably still do it if Steam chat supported inline graphics.