Lu 

The Arma 2 + Operation AH thread of 'let's try this again'

Arma II is going to incorporate DayZ in its next patch, apparently.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16786

AWESOME.

WOW THAT HEADLINE IS WRONG.

The writer on armaholic really dug for that, no where in that interview do they even approach saying DayZ will be incorporated into the next arma2 patch.

At best it sounds like they are gonna fix some engine bugs that relate directly to DayZ or maybe tailor some of the mod support.

I can understand seeing what you want to see but that is a huge stretch, borderline dishonest.

EDIT: apparently the article writer is not a native English speaker so it may be an honest mistake.

EDIT2: The Editing:

So this is one of the most recent comments on that post, by the author of the post:

"2012-05-16 09:32 Posted by Foxhound

This news post and lovely rumor spreading is purely based on how I read the interview and specially this line:

Španěl says that the developer is actually accommodating DayZ in ArmA II's next update.

Even after asking about it I could leave my newspost about this as it is. So, spreading rumors is good for business I assume

I guess Fox added that just to get more media attention.

And guess what, its working. Why let all other non-related Arma sites run away with the DayZ news and leave us at the bottom? The entire Arma community deserves the attention it is getting"

I understand it's not a news site and thus there isn't even a whiff of the expectation of standards, but he could at least append an update to the post or something.

I liked this one:

2012-05-15 16:32 Posted by Foxhound

Hmm, are you saying I read wrong.

Shit, I really believed I was sober by now...........all those Slovenian snaps really got to me.

OH MY GOD HOW IS IT MONDAY...

It's a good thing im not working right now, i really honestly thought it was Saturday yesterday. I was looking forward to arma today. :sad:

I really need to set an alarm on my phone or something..

Yea, and afterwards I noticed that there was no event planned either. It was a tiny group, so we could do some of the 4 player missions and some other stuff for which we often had too many people. Either way, I really think we should move to Combined Operations. There will be so much more content available, plus we can play the optional game of DayZ if we want. Win-win. :D

Hey guys, I finally got internet at my new place and ended up almost instantly buying Arma II: CO for this Day Z mod that's sprung up in my absence. It's been well worth the purchase so far despite the teething problems.

I also dabbled in the vanilla multiplayer and had a great time so I would be very much up for joining you guys on Arma night too. :)

Finally got CO. and i love this game called Waiting for server response :P but really, DayZ is awesome in every way possible.

Looking forward to some awesum games with the thumbs guys (H)

Sadly, work has got in the way of ARMA time (also both of my boys who have taken over my PC with Medieval, Minecraft and Civ 5). I apologise for my abscence. Are we moving to combined operations then? You realise there will be some serious patching that will need to be done, have you considered this?

Sadly, work has got in the way of ARMA time (also both of my boys who have taken over my PC with Medieval, Minecraft and Civ 5). I apologise for my abscence. Are we moving to combined operations then? You realise there will be some serious patching that will need to be done, have you considered this?

It'll be fairly limited, actually.

I thought we had already decided to move on to Combined Operations? Now that we all own it (except Brkl and Armchair).

And apologies for not being present this Sunday. I was exhausted playing a shit load of Diablo 3 the night before and entire Sunday morning.

Hey guys sorry I've been away for a few weeks, its been fairly busy schedule. It looks like most people have moved over to Day Z and I would love to join you, but I don't own Operation Arrowhead. I might pick it up if it goes on sale sometime but I am not all that interested in Day Z to begin with, and I was getting a little bored with the vanilla ArmA2 games. So if you need someone to maybe shoot a gun in buggy Russia I may be your man, as long as they aren't zombies we are shooting at.

I also plan on getting Diabolic 3 after work on Thursday so if someone wants to do that... (What?! There is a thread for that? Non-sense!)

Correct Skratche, but I guess it was more a matter of when. I'm going to to convert the server to a CO one, but I don't know if I'll be able to do that for coming sunday. I'll everyone updated.

And folks, you don't have to apologize for not playing.

Edit: Actually, that went better than expected. The new server will be up and running in a few hours.

So for new players, that means from now on we'll be playing Arma 2: Combined Operations and the free version of Arma 2 will no longer work.

Edit edit:

Seems that everything is set up and I've uploaded some 20 new missions for us to try. Like always, if there are any missions you'd like to see added, just gimme a link and I'll put them on there. There's loads more stuff available too, so I think we'll be set for a while. :D

I can't play this Sunday, but I'll definitely play next Sunday!

Oh goddammit I totally missed that Amazon sale and now they won't sell you a copy if you begged them. I'll just get one off Steam.

Oh goddammit I totally missed that Amazon sale and now they won't sell you a copy if you begged them. I'll just get one off Steam.

amazon apparently ran out of keys. Day Z is seling arma 2 like mad

Well, I have the game now. Now we can never stop playing to justify that 15€.

I put the IP and port in the original post. I've noticed that sometimes it can take a while before the server appears in the server list, so with that you should be able to just enter the IP and connect directly.

Now that we played vanilla Arma 2 a bunch, I kind of forgot about about all the subtle differences with Arrowhead. When an enemy location gets shouted out, a little clockface appears so when someone says "enemy at 1 o'clock" or "enemy to our left" you'll actually know which direction that is. That and there is scope zeroing, so that'd make a spotter actually useful. That and even movement feels smoother. All in all, I'm looking forward to it. :tup:

Goddammit I'd love to play tomorrow if I could :/ It's not fair! If someone wants to play Day Z with me tomorrow afternoon (or your afterten probably), that would be lovely.

Right so, I can't add events myself, but we'll be playing tomorrow same time as we always do.