Server name: Idle Thumbs Community Server

IP: 31.132.1.123

Port: 2302

Password: video games

We'll be meeting on Mumble :

Adress: fergcraft.dyndns.org

Port: 64738

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

I would be in with the caveat (emptor) that we play the base game. Modding ArmA 2 is an enormous pain in the ass. By this I mean unmodded. I have OA.

Edited by Orvidos

I'm in if we play Arma 2, I don't have Operation Arrowhead, although I would not be opposed to buying it seeing as I always thought it was a cooler setting. My mic broke a few months back as well so I would need to pick up a new headset, but I've been meaning to do that anyway.

Alright, scratching OA from the thing. Just ArmA2.

I like where this is going, i.e., enough players to get a game going. :tup:

FYI, to all the players who might be interested, but don't have the game. The ArmA2 multiplayer part of the game is free. You can get it here. Come join us!!

I'm currently looking at hosting options. My current thinking is, I can imagine a lot of people aren't entirely sure yet if they'll like the game at all. I'm willing to pay for the server at least the first month and depending on if the folks want to play more of this game or not, maybe we can spread the costs a little.

Any mods that will be installed will be server side, I think. For example, I don't think adjusting your scope for distance to compensate for bullet dropoff is in the vanilla game. Plus, we need missions!

I'd be down, but the only experience I have of playing this game is a couple hours paying a couple missions of the Invasion '44 mod, so I know close to nothing about how to play and would be pretty terrible.

No one expects anyone to be any good at this, so don't worry about that. :)

So what's the final word? Do I get to misjudge my release and drop a JDAM on you guys?

The only hosting options I have found rent out servers per month. For a day would be excellent, but there probably ain't a thing like that.

So what's the final word? Do I get to misjudge my release and drop a JDAM on you guys?

I'll do my best to make it work! I'm setting our first playdate for sunday the 25th. I will have figured it out by then. As some of you may or may not have read, I moved last month, only got my speedy interwebs back yesterday and blahblahblah life.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

The 25th should work for me, it is right at the start of my spring break so I will have time to kill. Hopefully people won't be buggering me to spend time with them.

Also, I was looking through the ArmA 2 menus as it looks like the campaign is co-operative up to four players. It seems to be some sort of local host thing (I don't know servers, it just says host game and then you can create a server with a password). If someone wanted to play some of that to warm up for the "highly trained strike thumbs" I would be down.

You can do the "campaign" in four player coop.

Or you can download the thousands of missions made by the community and do them with up to 124 players.

:grin:

You can do the "campaign" in four player coop.

Or you can download the thousands of missions made by the community and do them with up to 124 players.

:grin:

But the community missions are missing the great voice acting of the campaign.

Enemy. MAN. 11 o' Clock. At. Four. Hundred meters.

JohnSON! Get out. Of the chopPER! And get. Your ass down. The beach!

So, I think I found our host, but before I order anything, I just wanted to know if any of you are familiar with ukgame.com? I think I'll get that as they're pretty cheap. Unless some of you have heard that they're terrible, or something.

I'm still looking into some mission packs for a small group of players and I think I found a few, but if you guys have any idea or whatever, feel free to chip in. :D

Hey man this thing is moving.At.Nine. Hundred.Meters.Ahead.!

Hopefully I'll be around next weekend so I can run around not having a clue! You know where to get me Sarn't Poo.

So I ordered a server thing. I don't think any of it is operational yet. I put the Mumble thing up top in the first post, but that ain't working yet either. I'll put server details up there as well, once I have them.

I went with a 12 slot server for 1 month. I figured that'd be enough for now and for the lot of us to figure out if this is a game we would like to play more often.

Oh yes, so we're gonna be using voice chat. If you don't have a mic or are super shy, that's alright, you don't have to speak. For practical reasons though, do at least connect so you can at least hear fellow Thumbs. Communication is rather important in ArmA2. :yep:

It is a requirement to be able to say "third time's the charm!"

Alright, so we don't have a server. Basically nothing works, their entire site is half-broken and I've asked for mah moneys back. I paid with paypal, so if I don't get a response back, I'll just dispute the payment and be done with it.

So as an FYI, never ever go with UKGame.com, they're terrible...

Double postalicious!!

Okay, so now we actually have a server and it's up and running! Details up top, yo. I'm still working on getting missions on there, so only standard game mode stuff so far.

Pirate two, this is Armchair actual. Do you copy? Over.

Armchair actual this is Pirate two. Solid copy. Send it.Over.

Uh Sir, which method of internet comms will we be using? Over.

Let me check with Godfather, but I think it will be Skype. Over.

Solid copy Pirate two. I await your confirmation.Over and out.