Sign in to follow this  
toblix

SSX

Oh, I forgot to say it's an EA game.

"SSX"? "DLC", more like. No, wait, "$$X" more like.

I just ordered this, and expect to grind some sweet snow in a couple of days. If anyone else is on this, let me know and I'll add you on BroNet.

I got it yesterday and played a couple hours. It's really fun. And yes, forgiving. At least, not terribly punishing. I'm not that great at these sorts of games, but I never felt like fucking up set me back very much. Runs so far are 5-10 minutes at the very most, so restarting isn't a big deal. And the music's really good.

My copy should arrive this weekend, presumably Sunday. Really enjoyed the demo.

Love to play against some Thumbs so add me on PSN: colinp101

toblix, are you on 360 or PS3?

I got this on 360. No cross-platform on this game, then? Should definitely be possible, what with the no actual multiplayer.

I got this on 360. No cross-platform on this game, then? Should definitely be possible, what with the no actual multiplayer.

No crossplatform multiplayer.

No crossplatform multiplayer.

Well, no multiplayer, really.

I've been playing the heck out of this. (gamertag: XButts 360)

It's a bit inconsistent. Some of the survival events (the "deadly descents") are terrible and unfun. In fact, the whole World Tour mode is a bunch of garbage.

The difficulty curve is all over the place, and the items are pointless, and the story, hah, well…

On the other hand, doing random crap in Explore and Global Events is fantastic. It's a terrific game, but it's front loaded with some badly designed content (which can be ignored).

I really enjoyed the demo. Or rather: I really enjoyed the mountains and the carving and the snow. I really don't like the crazy OTTness of it.

And then I realised what I just really want is Amped 4. I'm a huge devotee of the franchise - mainly the first two, to be fair - and gosh, that was just lovely to carve down mountains and make beautiful tricks.

But SSX might have to fill that niche for the time being.

Yeah, in response to not being able to afford anything new right now but wanting to play SSX, I just started on Amped 3. Pretty good, actually.

Oh man, I remember that game getting totally panned in reviews, but then I totally loved it and all its silliness. I'm still a little confused why it was supposedly so terrible...

Edit: Although looking at gamerankings now, it doesn't seem like it reviewed that badly.

From what I hear it has moments where it tries to be edgy and cool, but just comes off as really dumb, but that it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. The motion comic story stuff I saw, and the introduction videos to the various ranges looked pretty painful.

From what I hear it has moments where it tries to be edgy and cool, but just comes off as really dumb, but that it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. The motion comic story stuff I saw, and the introduction videos to the various ranges looked pretty painful.

Yeah, I've skipped every single one. From what I've seen in videos online, it's all awful stuff.

Yeah, I do miss the "straight" approach of A2, but A3 isn't bad. The carving is nice. (And I'll admit, I quite enjoyed the Colonotronic Arts subplot).