Roderick

Assassin's Creed: Mohawk

Hahaha that scene I laughed out loud I was like what in the fuck? It... it probably gets worse. Maybe more subtle in its badness though. Maybe.

"This isnt the way to do this chef, you must patient, excuse me I must go kill 20 troops for looking at me funny"

I mean the actual playing is fun enough, the sheer volume of troops sure makes it hard to hide when you need to

Yeah there's a reason people cite Connor as the worst asscreed protagonist to date, I guess.

And also yeah! I found it way harder to get out of the red once the guards identified me. Damn near impossible, even. I usually just ended up killing them (and by them I mean the original group of five plus the other ten that always ran from around the corner). It was one of the worst things about the game, actually. Besides the way everything felt extremely forced together.

Finished this, connor got less annoying but still not thrilling. Haytham was more interesting though.

Yeah I would've been much happier playing Haytham. He was such a smug piece of shit, but in an almost endearing way. Sometimes I wanna be a smug piece of shit, too. Connor was just a bland selfish butt.

My favorite Insane Immersion-Breaking Dissonance was the Paul Revere ride I described earlier in the thread.

Most importantly there's a mission where you ride with Paul Revere (which is lame for various reasons), and you can ask him directions. When you do so, if you're already heading in the right direction, he will raise his hand in that direction... and throw up the fucking horns, like he's some metal god.

(Gotta link it, instead of embed, 'cause it's a long video and I wanted to link the timestamp.)

Like check that out. That's nuts! How did that even happen?!

heh yea, it's just bizarre because the bocce shows up after the game ends. Serious Conversation then "fuck it, let's go bocce Dude"

Unrelated,  I enjoyed the bits where desmond got to be actual assassin and stuff, the loss of the ui makes you feel stronger even though it's effectively the same combat.

I also thought it was Thumbs-Up Rad getting to play badass Desmond without the UI, but also I hate Desmond more than I hate Connor as a character, so I'm conflicted. I also didn't really like the level design of that. Also chasing the crazy nuts guy was really frustrating because trying to run-assassinate him wouldn't fucking work for me and he kept running around in circles climbing and jumping off of everything constantly.

That video of the horse ride is great, it shows in a similar way to that 'Sonic takes a walk' video how fragile some games are if the player doesn't do what's expected.

Like the guy is walking along with the horse really slowly, yet that asshole is constantly screaming in his ear. Then when they come across some enemies he starts whispering about how they must remain hidden — then immediately screams 'THIS IS THE WAY!!!!!' or some shit, which none of them react to.

Perfect. I'm just amazed no one else noticed it before me!

Played the dlc, they just went completely mental on that one.

Super disappointed that Washington never played Bocce with the Apple.