Thrik

Sim City V

What Murdoc said. Seriously, it's not rocket science. I don't work in the games industry and the reasoning is pretty evident to me.

For me, it's not as much about the fact that there's DLC, but more about the attitude EA takes towards it. "Here's the game, aaaaand HERE'S how we're gonna make extra profit from it."

I get what you're saying though. And I agree, it's kind of annoying. But what's more frustrating is how riled up gamers get over this stuff that doesn't really matter.

Here's what I'm doing: buying a copy of SimCity the day it comes out. No DLC, no preorder, no deluxe edition. It will be great.

Others will decide that the extras were worth $20, and that's cool too.

It's like putting the city back into Sim City... you can quote me on that. :shifty:

I think I fucked that up...

Oh yes! That looks awesome. I wonder if that fire-station thing means that you'll be able to do some building customization, ala Spore, but a bit more architectural? That'd be amazing!

guys, let's not lose sight of the important thing here.

curved.

roads.

I get what you're saying though. And I agree, it's kind of annoying. But what's more frustrating is how riled up gamers get over this stuff that doesn't really matter.

Games like The Sims have done a really great job at marring DLC, and making it look like nothing more than a cheap and lazy money-making machine. But despite this, there's still the impression that ultimately we're being charged extra to play the "full" version. This feeling is compounded when, in a few year's time, all the DLC is bundled with the main game for a "Game of the Year Edition" or "Complete Edition".

Really the industry should be aware of this and come up with something to change our perceptions, rather than just plodding along with the same plan that keeps riling everyone up.

Really the industry should be aware of this and come up with something to change our perceptions, rather than just plodding along with the same plan that keeps riling everyone up.

A DLC manifesto.

Looking incredible. In many ways I was expecting it to be little more than a risk-free reinterpretation of the old games with newer graphics, but it looks like they're keen on implementing all sorts of revolutionary simulations and systems into the game — as someone who loves that kind of of complexity I'm ridiculously excited. :-D

High hopes are definitely to be had, but I'm disappointed they're STILL going for really tiny areas. 2x2 kilometers isn't a city, it's a tiny town of less than a thousand people in North Dakota.

High hopes are definitely to be had, but I'm disappointed they're STILL going for really tiny areas. 2x2 kilometers isn't a city, it's a tiny town of less than a thousand people in North Dakota.

Maybe the scale is restricted due to the simulation detail. And really, if I have to choose between having ALL THEM PEOPLES, cars and stuff like that simulated individually or a larger city, I'd pick the detailed simulation.

But hey, maybe I'm talking crazy and it'd be just a tiniest bit of code to make it all possible.

Maybe the scale is restricted due to the simulation detail. And really, if I have to choose between having ALL THEM PEOPLES, cars and stuff like that simulated individually or a larger city, I'd pick the detailed simulation.

But hey, maybe I'm talking crazy and it'd be just a tiniest bit of code to make it all possible.

I choose both and fuck yo minimum requirements!