brkl

Philosophical discussions on trolling

I can only assuming you're trolling at this point?

:fart:

EDIT: Wouldn't deleting this be more constructive than drawing attention?

Edited by brkl

At least your posts are getting shorter, even if the content is staying the same :tup:

You can't disagree with someone on the internet without calling him a troll?

One more peep from either of you and I'm closing this thread (I'll probably be banned after that but whatever)

You can't disagree with someone on the internet without calling him a troll?

Well, it's important to remember that you can't disagree with facts so it does come across as a little trollish when you just ignore the points made and repeat your earlier position.

You said that SCUMM hasn't been updated or used for several iterations of Windows — when in fact it was recently used on multiple platforms for the Monkey Island Special Editions, complete with new features such as character lighting, a vastly higher frame rate, and use of modern file formats.

Well, it's important to remember that you can't disagree with facts so it does come across as a little trollish when you just ignore the points made and repeat your earlier position.

You said that SCUMM hasn't been updated or used for several iterations of Windows — when in fact it was recently used on multiple platforms for the Monkey Island Special Editions, complete with new features such as character lighting, a vastly higher frame rate, and use of modern file formats.

THANK YOU!

I thought I was losing my mind in that thread.

I honestly just missed your point about MI:SE. It never occurred to me that those games would be anything more than one-off conversions of the two games.

I honestly just missed your point about MI:SE. It never occurred to me that those games would be anything more than one-off conversions of the two games.

Then you can understand why someone might think you were genuinely trolling...

Well, I've been here for seven years and don't have a history of it. So no.

So your argument is that, if you've never done something before, you will therefore never do it?

"I've never killed anyone before, M'lud, so it's clear that I wasn't the murderer!"

It feels like you're trolling again, to be honest.

I think if you had any sense of decency you'd apologise for being rude to me in the first instance, and then not taking the time to read what you were responding to in the second, instead of arguing with every little thing.

Or maybe just stop and get rid of this thread since this is clearly going nowhere.

My failing was in missing an item of information in the thread and responding too soon. But this place if any should be one where you can give people the benefit of the doubt before throwing around accusations. So no, I'm not going to apologize for being rude to you (with a single smiley) after you accused me of spending my time here in order to cause trouble.

As for deleting this thread, I'm all for it.