I_smell

What was the most Idle Thumbs thing to happen without Idle Thumbs?

Molyneux is more than deserved of everyone's respect... just from the games he's created (and invented!). He's just managed to create a PR nightmare around the things he says. His heart is in the right place, though: He wants to make awesome and unique games.

yeah, and I don't think the Peter Molydeux phenomenon is hateful or anything. it's just that Peter Molyneux's public pronouncements always take the form of "imagine if [an ordinary game mechanic] could [some ridiculously overblown claim]." "this dog/objective marker will teach you how to love." "the AI in this game will be so sophisticated, it'll be on the cover of scientific journals around the world."

to some extent, he seems like the last major game designer of the generation with no PR grooming.

You think that's dumb? (I really, really do)

Well, wait until you see this dumb shit.

Bahahahahahahaha!!!

We should all vote for this, just to waste the governments time.

You know, everytime I hear sirens I kind-of think of that as idle thumbs-ish. That would be without idle thumbs without games either.

That is almost SUSPICIOULSY thumbs!

I just had an Idle Thumbs moment when I read on a forum "Here's my fan-cast for if they made a Super Smash Bros movie, along with the reasons why I chose each actor for each role. Number 1: Hugo Weaving as Bowser."

I laughed, and decided to just not read any more.

"Here's my fan-cast for if they made a Super Smash Bros movie, along with the reasons why I chose each actor for each role. Number 1: Hugo Weaving as Bowser."

This is the greatest.

Since the proper form of the podcast revival doesn't exist still, and because I can't really think of a better place to share this, here's an awful photo with a hyperbolic subtitle.

EGsaY.jpg

Here's an awful photo with a hyperbolic subtitle.

Is this from PC Gamer circa 2000? (Apparently yes.). I think I have this issue somewhere.

Does this mean we can blame friend of Telltale Games Gary Whitta for this picture?

As of April 1st, the film site Flixist is now in control of one Jeff Goldblum.

Goldblum:

You'll notice only a minor change in editorial direction while I'm the editor in chief, but rest assured, you'll still get all the, ah, color commentary you've grown to love from these rapscallion editors.

Everybody loves Jeff Goldblum!

As of April 1st, the film site Flixist is now in control of one Jeff Goldblum.

Goldblum:

Everybody loves Jeff Goldblum!

A website controls Jeff Goldblum? If only the thumbs knew that was even a possibility.

Edited by sixghost

There's music in a genre called "lolicore"?

I could've lived happily not knowing that.

Someone was talking about this restaurant by the name of Pacific Moon the other day, and my mind filed it away as "<Something> Wizard".

:dopefish:

Oh, I tried that sauce about 4 or 5 years ago and it sucks.

It's nothing like real worcestershire; just a terrible amalgam of other spices combined in order to torture vegans.

Ha ha, vegans.

:0

I completely missed that. I very much hope the climax of the game involves sinking a battleship and the arch villain… saying something about it.

How about "Pretty sneaky, sis!"

Oh, I tried that sauce about 4 or 5 years ago and it sucks.

It's nothing like real worcestershire; just a terrible amalgam of other spices combined in order to torture vegans.

Ha ha, vegans.

Henderson's Relish is better than Worcester Sauce, and vegetarian too.