I_smell

What was the most Idle Thumbs thing to happen without Idle Thumbs?

You think that's dumb? (I really, really do)

Well, wait until you see this dumb shit.

wat. :erm:

Far Cry 3.

oh yeah, that too. Weird admission time: any excitement I was feeling for FC3 was tempered by the fact that I wouldn't hear Thumbs talking about it ad nauseum. Is it okay to start getting interested in it now?

Does it count as "without Thumbs" if it just happened? Because this:

TB1zJU08IiA

This double-Molyneux singularity will be the end of us all.

I think this next one is... kind of TOO absurd for Idle Thumbs... I don't really know how to approach this...

I'm just gonna come right out and say it.

Competetive Pokemon player wins championship- then is immeadiately stripped of his title and banned from all future tournaments for shitting in the hotel lobby, and hurling his shit at other contenders.

Yeah, really.

Edited by I_smell

I came here to post about Peter Molyneux saying that the industry isn't ready for Milo, but that Pokemon tournament story is... wow.

I came here to post about maker of horrendous mistakes, Peter Molyneux saying that the industry isn't ready for Milo, but that Pokemon tournament story is... wow.

I'd completely forgotten I was running this greasemonkey script. There's one that prefixes "Michael Pachter" with "smug know it all prick, " too. I feel mean running this Molyneux one now :getmecoat

WhatWouldMolydeux.com: A 48 hour game jam exploring the works of @PeterMolydeux

I'm going to this game jam. Boost and Video Games are going to this game jam. shouldn't you (points at the internet) be going to this game jam?

Molyneux is more than deserved of everyone's respect... just from the games he's created (and invented!). He's just managed to create a PR nightmare around the things he says. His heart is in the right place, though: He wants to make awesome and unique games.

I think there's a point where someone who did great things simply recedes into being a good designer. Not as extreme as Joseph Heller never writing anything as good as his first book, but similar.

The nature of not always being able to exceed yourself should be okay, but instead, the expectation laid on them becomes like an investment bubble.

I think there's a point where someone who did great things simply recedes into being a good designer. Not as extreme as Joseph Heller never writing anything as good as his first book, but similar.

The nature of not always being able to exceed yourself should be okay, but instead, the expectation laid on them becomes like an investment bubble.

Yeah, that's definitely a feeling I get with authors, directors, musicians and so on as well as designers. It's also worth noting that a lot of life is in timing. People can have their ideas at the right time, and they can have their ideas at the wrong time, and that doesn't have to diminish the worth of the ideas per se. Sometimes things just only come together once or twice.