Jake

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - trailer!

aquatic1.jpg

aquatic2.jpg

aquatic3.jpg

aquatic4.jpg

I suspect there are some other Wes Anderson (Rushmore, Bottle Rocket, and The Royal Tenenbaums ... yes that guy) fans in here besides myself. I know at least Spaff is one. Anyway his current film is called "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" and stars Bull Murray as an undersea documentary filmmaker ala Jacques Cousteau, except he's Bill Murray. It also seems to star Jeff Goldblum as the competing undersea documentary filmmaker. All the undersea creatures are stop-motion by the studio that did Nightmare Before Christmas for Burton and James and the Giant Peach for Disney. It looks like it good be good... A trailer for it came out yesterday in fact, which is why I'm posting this thread. From the trailer its obvious that Wes Anderson's usual visual style is firmly intact... and is not going to change. But that's probably a good thing.

Good QuickTime Version Here

(Inferior streaming Real and WMV versions available here.)

You suspect right, I dig Wes Anderson majorly, especially Rushmore. Thanks for the link, the trailer has made me even more ultra-excited about the film.

The movie looks really weird after seeing that trailer. :)

But the cast is totally superb, Bill Murray (one of my all time most favourite actors), Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Cate Blanchett...

I'm definately interested on seeing this movie.

Wow, this is like having a skillet taken to the back of my head, this movie just appearing without forewarning. Thanks!

This film sounds a bit better in jake's post than it looks in the trailer, but whatever, this director has an excellent track record so I'm definitely going to see it.

Looking forward to this one. Owen Wilson is in the last picture and he's great too (when he's in a good movie). I was a little disappointed in The Royal Tenenbaums but I think this one will be better.

...Cate Blanchett...

01f_cblanchett.jpg

Cate Blanchett modelling for Dona Karan's advertising campaign, Fall 2004.

:clap: .... :naughty:

And Anjelica Houston's in it, too! She rocks! And they played New Order's Ceremony, I love that! This movie's gonna be fun.